There are newer employer reviews for BB&T

Good company, depends on where you start at

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilson, NC
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilson, NC

I have been working at BB&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Sr Management does things to keep employees happy, such as giving you your birthday off. Benefits are very good, especially for singles.

Cons

The pay is so-so for the industry. Biggest drawback is opportunities for growth, you may be told one thing at one point, but then something completely different. Depends on the department, but from my experience and others I know, management that actually cares about personal employee growth versus how their review looks is harder and harder to find

Advice to Management

Take a look at employees who work hard (at all levels) and give them opportunities to keep learning and growing, this will keep alot of the good employees happy, as well as make them want even more to be a part of this company. Overall, BB&T is a solid company to work for in an economy that is less than desirable.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. High pressure and never satisfied with your efforts!

Former Employee - Investment Counselor
    Former Employee - Investment Counselor

I worked at BB&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Give you leads thru relationship bankers, sometimes.

Cons

Manager says I am here to help you but was really there presure you if you did not make monthly quota. The atmosphere of "What have you done for me lately" ! Manager presure you to sell whatever to clients to make quota and doesn't care if it's good or not for client.

2. Vacation & Benefits

I have been working at BB&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good work - life balance and helpful training at BB&T University

Cons

Company eliminated unpaid vacation in 2012 due to a lawsuit. Unpaid vacation days not available. Paid 10 days for many employees. Assistant VP & VP get 15 paid days. Senior VP get 20 days. You get more days for length of service - at 5 years & 10 years bonus vacation days. You get standard bank holidays (Christmas, New Year, Thanksgiving, etc).

Advice to Management

Most BB&T employees believe everyone gets the BB&T pension so they make comments to BB&T Subsidiary employees that do not have the pension benefit without realizing their mistake... In the 2012 Corporate employee survey the question about the Pension was worded assuming everyone had the Pension - there should have been a "not applicable" answer. Everyone in my reporting group (about a dozen Associates) has the pension benefit except me. They're on the bank P&L so being on the Subsidiary P&L excludes me. My work is very similar to everyone else that reports to my Manager. Everyone in a reporting group should be getting the same treatment and benefits so we can all enjoy the BB&T Corporate "happiness" value equally.