BB&T
www.bbt.com Winston-Salem, NC 5000+ Employees

The Good Old Boys Club

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Raleigh, NC

ProsFlexibility of work schedule/life balance.

ConsNo communication between departments that need to work together. Contractors are treated differently and information needed to do your job is not given freely. I was totally bored to death, but the pay was good. Even though there are women executives the 'good old boys' club still runs the show. This contract stunted my growth as far as my career was concerned.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are paying alot of money for contractors that sit around and do nothing because the full-time employees do not disseminate enough information and are not open to new ideas. Departments need to work TOGETHER!

High pressure and never satisfied with your efforts!

Investment Counselor (Former Employee)

I worked at BB&T full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Give you leads thru relationship bankers, sometimes. Cons: Manager says I am here to help you but was really there presure you if you did not make monthly quota. The atmosphere of "What… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Vacation & Benefits

(Current Employee)

I have been working at BB&T full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good work - life balance and helpful training at BB&T… Cons: Company eliminated unpaid vacation in 2012 due to a lawsuit. Unpaid vacation days not available. Paid 10 days for many employees. … Advice to Senior Management: Most BB&T employees believe everyone gets the BB&T pension so they make comments to BB&T Subsidiary employees that do not have the pension benefit without… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on BB&T.

Worked for BB&T? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BB&T reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for BB&T CEO Kelly S. King. All reviews posted anonymously by BB&T employees.