BB&T

There are newer employer reviews for BB&T

Over structured work enviroment

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Former Employee - Branch Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at BB&T full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits, strong financials with multiple business lines. Provides wide range of product and service offerings to customers.

Cons

Siloed work environment. No decisions made at local level although they claim they model themselves as a community bank. If you are a forward thinker don't expect to be heard with any degree of sincerity. Every aspect of the business is scripted with little room to integrate your own personality...robotic.

Spend more time listening to the front line and not the managers that will yes you to death. Trust in the relationships that front line employees have with customers that will create long term loyal relationships. Need new blood in key managment positions.

561 Other Employee Reviews for BB&T (View Most Recent)

Miserable...

Former Employee - Relationship Banker in Virginia Beach, VA
    Former Employee - Relationship Banker in Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at BB&T full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

loved all fellow co-workers, great networking opportunity through surrounding small business, plenty of opportunities for training.

Cons

micro-managed by Branch Manager, robotic and phony scripts are given to the point of embarrassment. no room for advancement, sales goals that are met are never appreciated. The worst part was the assumption you have no life outside of work, you are walked on, expected to come in when called on weekends or vary your schedule at the drop of a dime, expected to work ten hour days with only 30 minute break multiple times a week.

Allow your employees to flourish in their own way, discuss creative ideas with them and how they could grow, but not my the conventional use of "scripts".. I would encourage regional managers to come in to branches more often to observe what actually goes on in the branch.

The Good Old Boys Club

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I worked at BB&T as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Flexibility of work schedule/life balance.

Cons

No communication between departments that need to work together. Contractors are treated differently and information needed to do your job is not given freely. I was totally bored to death, but the pay was good. Even though there are women executives the 'good old boys' club still runs the show. This contract stunted my growth as far as my career was concerned.

You are paying alot of money for contractors that sit around and do nothing because the full-time employees do not disseminate enough information and are not open to new ideas. Departments need to work TOGETHER!

There are newer employer reviews for BB&T