There are newer employer reviews for BB&T

Miserable...

Former Employee - Relationship Banker  in  Virginia Beach, VA
Former Employee - Relationship Banker in Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at BB&T full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

loved all fellow co-workers, great networking opportunity through surrounding small business, plenty of opportunities for training.

Cons

micro-managed by Branch Manager, robotic and phony scripts are given to the point of embarrassment. no room for advancement, sales goals that are met are never appreciated. The worst part was the assumption you have no life outside of work, you are walked on, expected to come in when called on weekends or vary your schedule at the drop of a dime, expected to work ten hour days with only 30 minute break multiple times a week.

Allow your employees to flourish in their own way, discuss creative ideas with them and how they could grow, but not my the conventional use of "scripts".. I would encourage regional managers to come in to branches more often to observe what actually goes on in the branch.

506 Other Employee Reviews for BB&T (View Most Recent)

Good company, depends on where you start at

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Wilson, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilson, NC

I have been working at BB&T full-time for more than a year

Pros

Sr Management does things to keep employees happy, such as giving you your birthday off. Benefits are very good, especially for singles.

Cons

The pay is so-so for the industry. Biggest drawback is opportunities for growth, you may be told one thing at one point, but then something completely different. Depends on the department, but from my experience and others I know, management that actually cares about personal employee growth versus how their review looks is harder and harder to find

Take a look at employees who work hard (at all levels) and give them opportunities to keep learning and growing, this will keep alot of the good employees happy, as well as make them want even more to be a part of this company. Overall, BB&T is a solid company to work for in an economy that is less than desirable.

The Good Old Boys Club

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I worked at BB&T as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Flexibility of work schedule/life balance.

Cons

No communication between departments that need to work together. Contractors are treated differently and information needed to do your job is not given freely. I was totally bored to death, but the pay was good. Even though there are women executives the 'good old boys' club still runs the show. This contract stunted my growth as far as my career was concerned.

You are paying alot of money for contractors that sit around and do nothing because the full-time employees do not disseminate enough information and are not open to new ideas. Departments need to work TOGETHER!

There are newer employer reviews for BB&T

Worked for BB&T? Contribute to the Community!