There are newer employer reviews for BB&T

Miserable...

Former Employee - Relationship Banker in Virginia Beach, VA
Former Employee - Relationship Banker in Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at BB&T full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

loved all fellow co-workers, great networking opportunity through surrounding small business, plenty of opportunities for training.

Cons

micro-managed by Branch Manager, robotic and phony scripts are given to the point of embarrassment. no room for advancement, sales goals that are met are never appreciated. The worst part was the assumption you have no life outside of work, you are walked on, expected to come in when called on weekends or vary your schedule at the drop of a dime, expected to work ten hour days with only 30 minute break multiple times a week.

Allow your employees to flourish in their own way, discuss creative ideas with them and how they could grow, but not my the conventional use of "scripts".. I would encourage regional managers to come in to branches more often to observe what actually goes on in the branch.

reviews filtered by

The Good Old Boys Club

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Raleigh, NC
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Raleigh, NC

I worked at BB&T as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Flexibility of work schedule/life balance.

Cons

No communication between departments that need to work together. Contractors are treated differently and information needed to do your job is not given freely. I was totally bored to death, but the pay was good. Even though there are women executives the 'good old boys' club still runs the show. This contract stunted my growth as far as my career was concerned.

You are paying alot of money for contractors that sit around and do nothing because the full-time employees do not disseminate enough information and are not open to new ideas. Departments need to work TOGETHER!

2. High pressure and never satisfied with your efforts!

Former Employee - Investment Counselor
    Former Employee - Investment Counselor

I worked at BB&T full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Give you leads thru relationship bankers, sometimes.

Cons

Manager says I am here to help you but was really there presure you if you did not make monthly quota. The atmosphere of "What have you done for me lately" ! Manager presure you to sell whatever to clients to make quota and doesn't care if it's good or not for client.

There are newer employer reviews for BB&T