Great Leadership Theory... and potential to be great

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Winston-Salem, NC
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

I worked at BB&T full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Love the job and may of the people. Really believe in Senior Management and their vision for the company and it's future. I would've been a loyal employee for life.

Cons

MANY MANY depts have Senior level managers who are only looking out for their carreer and not what's best for the company or dept they are supposed to be leading. Personally withnessed lieing, taking credit for others work, and general dislike of loyal employees who do their job but aren't considered "super stars" because they don't kiss up to people. I stood up for my employees and my manager when a Senior level manager wanted to help get her fired. I really felt a HUGE loyality to this company and ultimately was let down. A few bad apples ruin it for everyone. However i'm SO VERY thankful for the lessons I learned and will apply them to my next job and work environment.

Senior Mgmt: You are doing great things and have created a great environment - ask your lower & middle level managers what is best.... you're senior leaders may not be as in touch with whats going on and how things should work...or worse ...looking at only the corporate ladder and not their people. PS WATCH YOUR TURN OVER... if a Manager has >75%.... maybe it's the manager and not the job.

Other Reviews for BB&T

bb&t is a job like any other

Former Employee - Teller  in  Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Teller in Charleston, SC

I worked at BB&T full-time for more than a year

Pros

decent benefits for single people

Cons

It is hard to get promoted.

Retail Banker

I have been working at BB&T full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great company to build your network, Company remains true to its mission and values. Work-life balance is respected.

Cons

Bottleneck in certain advancement opportunities, Management is hit or miss. Skeleton crew staffing structure is the norm.

There are newer employer reviews for BB&T.

Worked for BB&T? Contribute to the Community!