BB&T

There are newer employer reviews for BB&T

Very good company overall

Current Employee - Relationship Banker in Saint Petersburg, FL
Current Employee - Relationship Banker in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at BB&T full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The upper management is very reception to conversation if you are a performer. If not, I can't say the same. The benefits are very good. The hours are great, and the working environment is very good.

Cons

The lower level management structure is not good. Retail managers act in a manner consistent with call center managers. Rewards are "dangled" to motivate staff with not much hope of achieving goals. Coaching sessions are more like inquiry or interrogations. The title of manager should lend to the assumption that the individual holding the title has the ability to effectively manage a staff. Unfortunately that is not the case. The branch manager, or FCL, (in my experience) does not typically have the ability to handle pressure or stress appropriately. Thusly, the staff bears the weight. Not good at all.

The training for lending and cross selling is abundant; however, teach the managers how to effectively manage a staff. FINANCIAL CENTER LEADER. A leader is someone who can lead a team to a group goal. Ensure that the FCL's can lead their team and not turn into a taskmaster.

560 Other Employee Reviews for BB&T (View Most Recent)

Great Place if you are ready to settle and retire

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at BB&T full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Organizational culture is fantastic and the employees are wonderful. They have Loyal Clients

Cons

No growth or shall I say slow growth. I am ambitious and they really don't promote growth in the San Diego office. Basically if you want an easy job to do til you are 65 this is the place I'd go to

Implement growth

Relationship Banker

I have been working at BB&T

Pros

Growth opportunities are available. Great appreciation and respect for employee with good training opportunities.

Cons

Health Insurance cost for family is insanely high. You will pay a high premium for their health coverage; I paid over 800 monthly in health insurance for spouse and child with no preexisting conditions and overall good health. However, a program known as Lifeforce is available enabling you to lower premium based on only your individual health status. This plan does not qualify for other family members. If your single and healthy then BBT is a great company to work for.

There are newer employer reviews for BB&T