There are newer employer reviews for BB&T

Its a circus to work for

Former Employee - Relationship Teller in Blountville, TN
Former Employee - Relationship Teller in Blountville, TN

I worked at BB&T part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Vacation, sick days, holidays and pay are good

Cons

Managers don't follow through on what they say, upper management is a joke and fellow employees can do whatever they want without recourse...a circus!

Get rid of the dead weight and hire managers that can do their job well and things will run much smoother.

reviews filtered by
  1. You will not get rich, but you will enjoy your working environment and company.

Current Employee - Dealer Finance Lender III in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Dealer Finance Lender III in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at BB&T full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits, flexibility, fairness, balanced work environment, great corporate culture.

Cons

Lower salaries than compeition
    Lack of upware movement opportunities

2. Great Leadership Theory... and potential to be great

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

I worked at BB&T full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Love the job and may of the people. Really believe in Senior Management and their vision for the company and it's future. I would've been a loyal employee for life.

Cons

MANY MANY depts have Senior level managers who are only looking out for their carreer and not what's best for the company or dept they are supposed to be leading. Personally withnessed lieing, taking credit for others work, and general dislike of loyal employees who do their job but aren't considered "super stars" because they don't kiss up to people. I stood up for my employees and my manager when a Senior level manager wanted to help get her fired. I really felt a HUGE loyality to this company and ultimately was let down. A few bad apples ruin it for everyone. However i'm SO VERY thankful for the lessons I learned and will apply them to my next job and work environment.

Senior Mgmt: You are doing great things and have created a great environment - ask your lower & middle level managers what is best.... you're senior leaders may not be as in touch with whats going on and how things should work...or worse ...looking at only the corporate ladder and not their people. PS WATCH YOUR TURN OVER... if a Manager has >75%.... maybe it's the manager and not the job.

There are newer employer reviews for BB&T