BB&T

www.bbt.com
  www.bbt.com
There are newer employer reviews for BB&T

Great Company to work long term for and retire with if you are lucky to be working under a good manager.

Current Employee - Client Server Engineer III in Charlotte, NC
Current Employee - Client Server Engineer III in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at BB&T full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great employees across the board in IT, competitive pay and great benefits.

Cons

I worked for BB&T for 7yrs and absolutely loved 5 1/2 of them. The only reason I left is that I relocated to another state and was denied a transfer because the work that I do in higher tier IT prevented me from transferring with the company due to the data center locations. This of course was very shady because 100% of my job was done remotely from my desk and I did not need to visit any data centers since we had a team that worked at all data center locations. I was actually actively looking before I moved to another state beacuse of a POOR manager that slipped through the cracks of the hiring process. This manager was not liked across the board by many long tenured employees and it bothered me that so many of us found his blatantly obvious lack of management skills lacking while upper management was either blind to it or did not care. Some poor "mangers" somehow are hired for very high profile positions and are able to find a way to avoid upper management from noticing their lack of management skills. My first 6yrs there I had an amazing boss and would NEVER had considered leaving if he did not transfer to another department. BB&T is a great company and you need a certain personality to make the cut because they do not let people go often.

Listen to your employees and have them RANDOMLY review their managers.

561 Other Employee Reviews for BB&T (View Most Recent)

Analyst

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Raleigh, NC

I worked at BB&T full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits and pay are competitive.

Cons

Upper management does not seem to know or care what is going on for the average employee/manager.

Get involved more with what is really going on and listen to what is being said. Culture and values need to be consistent.

Relationship Banker

Current Employee - Relationship Banker I in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Relationship Banker I in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at BB&T full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good hours and good people to work with

Cons

Won't let you work overtime and poor pay

Pay better your employees better they deserve it

There are newer employer reviews for BB&T