BB&T

www.bbt.com

Technical Role Assumes Admin Duties

Analyst (Current Employee) Greensboro, NC

ProsGreat benefits, co-workers and competitive pay. Depending on your manager and your level of performance, you may be micro-managed, or allowed a bit of freedom to complete your duties. Managers I've worked with have always made an attempt to grant your vacation or make work hours flexible to accommodate your personal life.

ConsHigh level of attrition and, like many other companies today, they are focused dearly on the bottom line - meaning you're expendable. Given the losses we've sustained, much of the work has been pushed onto the already full plates of other teams and groups, even if the tasks are not even remotely related to your job description.

Advice to Senior ManagementFully fund IT - it's the future of the bank and is one field in which we are deficient compared to our peers. Start being proactive instead of reactive - take a chance every now and then and try to be a leader in technology and new services offered. Develop new campaigns - compared to other peer banks, our advertising and marketing is a joke.

Scheduling

Teller (Current Employee)

I have been working at BB&T

Pros: The benefits are what you would expect from a commercial bank. They do have a program that enables you to get your health insurance… Cons: The biggest downside is Plan-it. I am part time but never know until Friday what my schedule will be for the next week.… Advice to Senior Management: I think in order to obtain and keep good employees the scheduling policies should be reevaluated.I know in the current economy some employers don't mind… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

"Banking in A Bubble"

Teller (Current Employee) Roanoke, VA

I have been working at BB&T

Pros: BB&T provides a good entry way into the financial industry for people who are looking to get into banking. It is a very family oriented… Cons: Growth potential at BB&T is very limited especially on the retail side. The L.D.P. is their flagship program but it requires a multi-year commitment and… Advice to Senior Management: Management should recognize talent and work hard to cultivate it, rather than be complacent and allow that person to be picked up by another financial… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on BB&T.

Worked for BB&T? Contribute to the Community!