Technical Role Assumes Admin Duties

Current Employee - Analyst  in  Greensboro, NC
Current Employee - Analyst in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at BB&T

Pros

Great benefits, co-workers and competitive pay. Depending on your manager and your level of performance, you may be micro-managed, or allowed a bit of freedom to complete your duties. Managers I've worked with have always made an attempt to grant your vacation or make work hours flexible to accommodate your personal life.

Cons

High level of attrition and, like many other companies today, they are focused dearly on the bottom line - meaning you're expendable. Given the losses we've sustained, much of the work has been pushed onto the already full plates of other teams and groups, even if the tasks are not even remotely related to your job description.

Fully fund IT - it's the future of the bank and is one field in which we are deficient compared to our peers. Start being proactive instead of reactive - take a chance every now and then and try to be a leader in technology and new services offered. Develop new campaigns - compared to other peer banks, our advertising and marketing is a joke.

Other Reviews for BB&T

Scheduling

Current Employee - Teller
    Current Employee - Teller

I have been working at BB&T

Pros

The benefits are what you would expect from a commercial bank. They do have a program that enables you to get your health insurance at a reduced rate if you go meet with a health nurse and she(he) counsels you on better living. They might advise you to lose wight, quit smoking etc.

Cons

The biggest downside is Plan-it. I am part time but never know until Friday what my schedule will be for the next week. In my experience most banks usually have set schedules for there employees; not BB&T. This would be a major factor in me seeking other employment. I am good at my job I know how to do all the Teller Supervisors work (more than our full-time who does only paying and receiving functions and show no initiative.) I have been told these other duties have been given to me because they doubt the full-time's competence.

I think in order to obtain and keep good employees the scheduling policies should be reevaluated.I know in the current economy some employers don't mind taking advantage because they feel like employees are disposable. (As a matter of fact one AOO is of this opinion. She characterizes tellers as "dirt under her nails")

Dissapointing

Current Employee - Relationship Banker  in  Dalton, GA
    Current Employee - Relationship Banker in Dalton, GA

I have been working at BB&T

Pros

At the time that I was there, benefits were excellent (a lot better than most places in this general area, I think). Co-workers and branch manager were overall good to work with. I had to leave work sick one time and the manager was really okay about it. She didn't get upset, threaten my job, or anything like that. At the time, it could be short handed at times so there were some overtime opportunities which always helps.

Cons

I don't feel that senior management really knew what employees in the branch had to deal with day to day or were even interested in learning what branch employees dealt with every day. They seemed to nit pick over things that really were not of importance and the sales goals were unrealistic. They actually expected you to make sales calls at a customer's work number if they were not at home.

Ease up on the sales goals and expectations about cold calling. Some people will get upset and bank elsewhere if you keep having Relationship Bankers call and bug them everyday especially at their work number. Spend a few days in a branch and see what it is really like. When you do that, really listen to the employee concerns there. Good customer service for your existing customers will make them loyal to the bank not call after call at their home and business.

There are newer employer reviews for BB&T.

Worked for BB&T? Contribute to the Community!