BB&T

www.bbt.com

Good but scary place to work

Certified Senior Teller (Former Employee) Murray, KY

ProsWork load is reasonable, easy to learn and cross-train. Loved getting to know clients. Very good benefits. My insurance for just me was free. I was actually paid $30 a month to have their insurance. A program called Life Force made that possible. I miss that more than anything else about the job. I made life-long friends there too, that's important.

ConsMicro managing!!! Hated being told what to do from people in Louisville. Lately they have "eliminated positions" like nobody's business. Teller is the only stable position in the company. As a teller I felt like I knew all there was to know after about two years. Made me lax and uncommitted because there were no opportunities to advance.

Advice to Senior ManagementVisit branches more, stop micro managing. Call branches and ask opinions, it can't hurt. Give more than a piece of chocolate for a Christmas gift.

Great values, corporate culture, decent compensation.

Teller (Current Employee) Wilmington, NC

I have been working at BB&T part-time for less than a year

Pros: Great values, corporate culture, decent compensation. Cons: Although a Fortune 500 company, not a national bank. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Outstanding Employer

Financial Center Leader II (Current Employee) Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at BB&T full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Outstanding leadership. Conservative approach to business. Solid brand and long… Cons: More opportunity available to LDP graduates. Technology lags in some… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on BB&T.

Worked for BB&T? Contribute to the Community!