Excellent company overall

Former Employee - Relationship Teller in Charleston, WV
Former Employee - Relationship Teller in Charleston, WV

I worked at BB&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

BB&T offers their employees exceptional benefits, with many opportunities to move up. They are value driven, and want to keep their employees and clients as happy as possible. I had a great experience working for them.

Cons

It's a big corporation, which can be a negative for some people. They are out for the benefit of the company, and if you don't want to work, they will find someone who will. Not really a negative unless you want to slack off. My only complaint is the constant push for sales. It's understandable, given the nature of the business, but can sometimes be overwhelming on slow weeks...

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Average Conservative Financial Company

I worked at BB&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is a good place to learn a lot about business, processes, and business politics. I sincerely mean that. After working at BB&T and at other places without any processes, I have learned that there needs to be a balance (some but not too many, make sure you have the right ones). BB&T offers decent business and leadership training. I enjoyed many of the courses and learned a lot about myself.

Cons

These might have just been related to our area: - Too many reorganizations. Change the structure and let it be for at least 2 years. You don't know if something is effective after only a year. - Too many meetings. - Too many circular meetings which relates to - No real direction. For the company as a whole: - Too much inter-department fighting and jealousy when the departments have a bit of overlap. - Still too much of a "good-ole boys", conservative environment

2. BB&T is a good company to start out.

Current Employee - Teller Supervisor in Vienna, VA
    Current Employee - Teller Supervisor in Vienna, VA

I have been working at BB&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A company with Great values and benefits.

Cons

While there is a clear path for Branch management; if you want to choose a career path of Operations and auditing you will need to know people in the upper management.

Advice to Management

Hard to say since the market is changing.