BB&T

There are newer employer reviews for BB&T

Investment Counselor

Former Employee - Investment Counselor in Columbia, SC
Former Employee - Investment Counselor in Columbia, SC

I worked at BB&T full-time (less than a year)

Pros

BBTIS is a subsidiary company of BB&T bank and has a great benefits package because of it.

Cons

- HIGHLY disorganized
- There does not appear to be any vision for the future, and are painfully stuck in the past
- Lacks respect as a business unit within BB&T
- Is forced to compete with BB&T's other investment subsidiary, Scott & Stringfellow without
  having the respect resources vision, management or culture to truly be able to compete with
  Scott & Stringfellow.
- The corporate culture is one of fear, intimidation and distrust

- My advise to BB&T bank... bring in an entirely new management team for BBTIS and give
  them the resources the need to be successful.
- My advise to BBTIS management. Congratulations for removing the Chief Compliance
  Officer. You waited too long to do it. That individual cost the company dearly
- BBITS management, stop allowing these unqualified, mid-level hack bank managers dictate
  how your business should be run.
- Either do it or don't do it. Either decide to become an investment company and charge
  forward accepting nothing less than complete and total success as a serious competitor in
  the market or just get out.
- BBTIS management, you are not NEARLY as good as you believe you are. You have a
  tremendous amount to learn. Humble yourselves, start learning.
- BBTIS management, remember management is just a title. If you want to succeed, learn
  how to become LEADERS!

599 Other Employee Reviews for BB&T (View Most Recent)

Average Conservative Financial Company

I worked at BB&T full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

This is a good place to learn a lot about business, processes, and business politics. I sincerely mean that. After working at BB&T and at other places without any processes, I have learned that there needs to be a balance (some but not too many, make sure you have the right ones).

BB&T offers decent business and leadership training. I enjoyed many of the courses and learned a lot about myself.

Cons

These might have just been related to our area:
    - Too many reorganizations. Change the structure and let it be for at least 2 years. You don't know if something is effective after only a year.
    - Too many meetings.
    - Too many circular meetings which relates to
    - No real direction.

For the company as a whole:
    - Too much inter-department fighting and jealousy when the departments have a bit of overlap.
    - Still too much of a "good-ole boys", conservative environment

Not a good company to work for at all. Minorities are not given the same opportunity!

I have been working at BB&T

Pros

Good benefits for the family

Cons

No career opportunity for growth!

There are newer employer reviews for BB&T