BB&T
www.bbt.com Winston-Salem, NC 5000+ Employees

BB&T is A Great Place to work

Web Engineer III (Current Employee)
Wilson, NC

I have been working at BB&T full-time for more than 5 years

ProsChallenging position with plenty of training opportunities. Above average compensation and excellent benefits including 6% 401K match and Defined Benefit Pension Plan. For the most part the people I work with are great.

ConsLike most companies these days they are taking advantage of the economy and not giving raises like they should. Sometimes technical decisions are made by middle managers that don't have a clue. They solicit advice and direction from the Sr. Engineers but often ignore it.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou had better get with it on the yearly raises or you will start losing some very talented employees. There are some large companies moving into the area and they are actively recruiting top notch IT talent with attractive offers.

Truly a great company that provides benefits, opportunities, and develop their employees

Financial Center Leader II (Former Employee)
Hampton, VA

I worked at BB&T full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: *Ability to move up in the company *Managers do try to coach… Cons: *In the branches it is highly sales focused and some employees are not sales driven *Could be a lot more personal recognition to reward employees… Advice to Senior Management: I think that management really does try and focus on… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Never good enough

Relationship Banker (Former Employee)
Panama City, FL

I worked at BB&T full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Had the best clients while there. Cons: No matter if you reach your goals you are told to do better without a thank you. Banking seems to be very deceptive. Its all… Advice to Senior Management: Be more ethical!! No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on BB&T.

Worked for BB&T? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BB&T reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for BB&T CEO Kelly S. King. All reviews posted anonymously by BB&T employees.