There are newer employer reviews for BB&T

DECENT ATMOSPHERE

Current Employee - IMAGE KEYER SPECIALIST in Charleston, WV
Current Employee - IMAGE KEYER SPECIALIST in Charleston, WV

I have been working at BB&T part-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

This place was a good "college job." The hours were part time but sometimes got very late into the night. I was able to finish my degree.

Cons

Upper management can sometimes be "secretive" or not as forthcoming about information and sometimes pull the old bait and switch on the information you did get from them.

People just want to have the truth. We are all adults and it is easier to be forthcoming instead of having rumors get started about something that may happen or may not happen at all.

528 Other Employee Reviews for BB&T (View Most Recent)

BB&T is A Great Place to work

Current Employee - Web Engineer III in Wilson, NC
    Current Employee - Web Engineer III in Wilson, NC

I have been working at BB&T full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Challenging position with plenty of training opportunities. Above average compensation and excellent benefits including 6% 401K match and Defined Benefit Pension Plan. For the most part the people I work with are great.

Cons

Like most companies these days they are taking advantage of the economy and not giving raises like they should. Sometimes technical decisions are made by middle managers that don't have a clue. They solicit advice and direction from the Sr. Engineers but often ignore it.

You had better get with it on the yearly raises or you will start losing some very talented employees. There are some large companies moving into the area and they are actively recruiting top notch IT talent with attractive offers.

Truly a great company that provides benefits, opportunities, and develop their employees

Former Employee - Financial Center Leader II in Hampton, VA
    Former Employee - Financial Center Leader II in Hampton, VA

I worked at BB&T full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

*Ability to move up in the company
    *Managers do try to coach and develop employees to perform at optimum level
    *great benefits, pension, and 401k

Cons

*In the branches it is highly sales focused and some employees are not sales driven
    *Could be a lot more personal recognition to reward employees
    *So many branches in a market but everyone is competing for the small customer
    *A lot of call nights/conferences to make weekly hours easily over 50+ hours and Saturday's

I think that management really does try and focus on each employee.

There are newer employer reviews for BB&T