BB&T

www.bbt.com
There are newer employer reviews for BB&T

Decent job for someone in college but not for a career after college

Current Employee - Teller
Current Employee - Teller

I have been working at BB&T part-time (more than a year)

Pros

- Good benefits
- Good people
- Easy work

Cons

- Takes a long time to advance in most case, it's a policy that you must be in a position for 18 months before you can would be considered for another role
- Moving to another region it is unlikely to be promoted and instead you must stay at the same level or take a demotion
- A teller with a BS in Bus. Admin with < 3.0 GPA will find it next to impossible to advance beyond that position for this company within a year

Value the potential your workers have and allow people to advance to a role where they can get the experience they need to be successful. There is no reason a Iraq veteran with a college degree in business should not be able to get promoted from Teller after working a year in that position and exceeding expectations.

582 Other Employee Reviews for BB&T (View Most Recent)

Company is very conservative and old school

Former Employee - Mortgage Processor in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Mortgage Processor in Richmond, VA

I worked at BB&T as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Has been successful in not having a high turnover rating

Cons

advancement opportunity and pay is not competitive to others in the industry

my advice would be to get all of their departments on one accord no matter what location the department is in. You should have the same professional experience at all locations of one company.

Completely what I did NOT expect

I have been working at BB&T full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The hours are great. I work with some coworkers that I really enjoy working with , and they are very helpful.

Cons

Management in my department is horrible. Not much is kept confidential. A few of my coworkers are some the most unprofessional coworkers I have ever worked with.

There are some people who have complained about this department in the past. They are not out to get any certain people in trouble, but there are problems that have persisted to continue, and we are looking for changes for the good of the department. Please hear these employees out and take heed to what they say.

There are newer employer reviews for BB&T