BB&T

www.bbt.com

OK place to work

Former Employee - Personal Banker II  in  Boca Raton, FL
Former Employee - Personal Banker II in Boca Raton, FL

Pros

The products that they provide to customers work well for being a conservative bank. They have a very intuitive training program and they really want you to learn their company values and what they provide to their clients. Benefits are pretty good also.

Cons

Compensation is not up to par for what you are demanded of. When they moved into South Florida, I don't think they did a good job of transitioning into that market. They try to force client's to their values and if the client doesn't like it, it's like they didn't care. Also there was really no support for their employees. Upper management is terrible when it comes down to getting support to the front line workers.

Give more flexibility to the branches. Allow the managers to be able to make the right decisions for their clients and not jump through hoops to do the right thing.

Other reviews for BB&T

BBT its all bad...I think your experience depends on which branch you get assigned to.

Former Employee - Teller  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Teller in Washington, DC

Pros

Good Salary & Excellent benefits

Cons

Weak/poor training. Organizational culture varies drastically from branch to branch. The particular branch I worked at in my opinion was awful!

better training process! Upgrade the technology, still processing transactions like its 1999.

I'm over it

Current Employee - Relationship Banker  in  Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Relationship Banker in Raleigh, NC

Pros

You get brainwashed into thinking that your health benefits, 401k match, pension, and vacation overshadow the lack of common sense that desperately needs tending to. If you work with a great branch, it can make the workload bearable. I have worked with some very nice people, and I have had the opportunity to work in high volume branches. The company had so much potential back in 2005 when I first started. They made you think your actions were for the client, for the established relationship, and for everyone's well being. Over the past years, they have bought out other banks to keep pace with the bigger banks. It is producing a negative effect. We use to have stock options, appreciation weeks, and an overall feeling of gratitude from management.

Cons

BB&T is turning into the "bigger, badder bank." Constant restructuring of employees, budget cuts, manic hiring sprees and then freezes, and pressure for high sales had made this place a dreadful place to work. I use to love my job. Now it's turning into a daily threat of job security, while the middle of the pack works to support management, and the workload is not returned. They spend money on a worthless "video game" and then cut the budget so tight we can't even buy candy in the branch for the clients. There is no room to advance except for branch management. They hire IRM partners from external sources instead of training their own and then expect those same partners to have the values that get drilled into the existing staff day after day. So the people that stay and want to move up in the company don't have anywhere to go. It's all about what is new and shiny, and at the end of the day, it is a mens' club, or the good old boy network. Period.

Obviously we have left the days of John Allison. What exactly are you trying to accomplish? You want to be like the other banks you always frowned upon, or are you waiting to get bought out by someone else? How can you expect customer service to be at 100% when you leave branches short staffed and underpaid?

There are newer employer reviews for BB&T.

Worked for BB&T? Contribute to the Community!