BB&T

There are newer employer reviews for BB&T

Horrible

Former Employee - Teller Supervisor
Former Employee - Teller Supervisor

I worked at BB&T full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Benefits were ok and started after 2 weeks

Cons

Not enough staff to operate, lack of training, poor leadership and terrible management

Staff branches properly, make management accessible to clients and employees, hire managers that are qualified for their positions, listen to client complaints and make necessary changes

599 Other Employee Reviews for BB&T (View Most Recent)

Management Style is soooo 30-Years Ago - Really Bad for the 21st Century

Former Employee - Project Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Raleigh, NC

I worked at BB&T full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I honestly cannot provide any Pros for working at BB&T. (and, I am not a disgruntled former employee)

Cons

Here is how I would categorize my experience: Management has no regard nor do they demonstrate or live the Corporate Values. I found Management to be insecure, asinine, and consistently disjointed. I found Bully-Style Management to be the norm. My review sessions felt more like Interrogation sessions. The BB&T Culture works for persons who have not developed nor embraced a broader world-view and experiences. The culture works for a narrow set of people. No career path, either. This was by far my worst experience in a corporation.

I have no advice for Management at BB&T, just a few things that I observed: Management is tone deaf which makes the organization unwilling to (very well can't) change. I only know that what I experienced at BB&T is a reflection of the overall leadership - (from Kelly King on down) - they don't know what they don't know.

Great place to be and great benefits

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at BB&T full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

This is a company that is very profitable but has unfortunate suffered at the hands of government regulations. Regardless, it is very well managed and continues to thrive in even a down economy. The people are very nice, great work atmosphere, great opportunities to advance, pay is good, and the training is excellent.

Cons

For those on the lower end of the corporate ladder, advancement is difficult.

Promote from within and provide necessary training, rather than hiring experienced outside people. I understand why you do it that way, but foster a culture where employees truly grow within BB&T.

There are newer employer reviews for BB&T