There are newer employer reviews for BB&T

The company has been good to me in the time I worked there.

Current Employee - Senior Teller
Current Employee - Senior Teller

I have been working at BB&T full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

BB&T is a good company to work for, there is opportunity to grow and make a career.

Cons

The part that is not working for me is the schedule. It changes every week and I don't feel I have the freedom to work with my time.

524 Other Employee Reviews for BB&T (View Most Recent)

Don't think this is a small, community bank anymore!

Former Employee - Market Leader II in Marietta, GA
    Former Employee - Market Leader II in Marietta, GA

I worked at BB&T full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

time off, employees you work with.

Cons

Not good management training, conference calls on Mondays and Fridays where you get yelled out for not making your numbers. Events, working more than 1 saturday a month, no comp time for saturday. short staffed, when they loose someone, they don't replace them. Management makes you think that you have it good but you really don't. Treat their manager's like crap! The whole culture has changed with John Allison retiring. Employees are miserable, management gets blamed for everything. You are always pulled in 100 different directions. Sales, sales, sales even if the client doesn't need it!

Don't ridicule the managers when they don't make their numbers or if they do, don't just brush it off! Treat people like professionals.

My department was better than the overall corporation

Former Employee - Digital in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Digital in Raleigh, NC

I worked at BB&T full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people are awesome. Work-life balance was great (good vacation) and the company is very ethical and promotes family values. I had an awesome supervisor. He/She was "one of us" before getting promoted, so really understood the work.

Cons

In my specific role, there was not room for advancement. Once my boss got promoted, that's it -- they would have to leave before another opp for advancement came open. (We were a pretty specialized team.) So, it was out-to-go-up for me. I think Senior Management (outside of our building), and some of the product managers as well, had no idea what we did on a day-to-day, or how specialized/difficult it was. So, I think we were under-appreciated outside of our team.

Also, even though we were a non-client-facing team, we had to dress the part ("because everyone else has to.")

Pay folks what they are worth. Don't use outdated comps to justify low salaries. Let those who don't see clients -- ever -- enjoy a relaxed dress code.

There are newer employer reviews for BB&T