There are newer employer reviews for BB&T

Relationship

I have been working at BB&T

Pros

benefits, salary, personal growth, leadership, opportunity.

Cons

short staff, constant shifting, everyone needs to be cross trained, Saturday hours, branch info is horrible.

503 Other Employee Reviews for BB&T (View Most Recent)

Started off good but went down hill

Current Employee - Part Time Teller  in  Wilmington, NC
    Current Employee - Part Time Teller in Wilmington, NC

I have been working at BB&T part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people to work with and for, not major sales pressure, great benefits, good work/life balance, good perks, federal holidays and accumulated vacations days off, decent pay in comparison to other banks.

Cons

Been here for a year and have seen a major change in company culture, especially in the past six months. Changes at both branch and corporate levels, making it a bit more stressful, to a point of worry about job security. Past six months have lead to a few layoffs, short staffing which leads to longer wait times and more frustrated clients and no end on sight especially with hiring freeze. Other than that, usual cons especially being part time like having to float to other branches, a few monotonous moments, software and hardware seems a bit dated, but this comes with the territory and job title, if you couldn't handle those simple problems, I'm not sure you could do the job.

The upper management really needs to get its act together and start hiring again. Being short at the teller level adds to stresses of everyone at the branch level. The management inconsistent views have turned from really caring about the client and the employee, to us employees just feeling like a B or C number and clients just being another deposit account or another loan and can and will have to deal with waiting an hour just to get into their safety deposit box or waiting 20 minutes to deposit one check. This hiring freeze and moving people around and short staffing in branches and making us employees feel like crud is really going to drive those good employees that deserve more into roles with other companies and leave you left with those employees that aren't worth a damn and don't care about the job and clients that have gone elsewhere because they may me treated better at another institution.

It all starts at the teller level, start treating us good again and drop the dead weight at the branch and corporate levels and the sky is the limit.

BB&T teller interview

Current Employee - Part Time Teller  in  Emporia, VA
    Current Employee - Part Time Teller in Emporia, VA

I have been working at BB&T part-time for less than a year

Pros

good company with great benefits! and off for your birthday. There a lot of branches on the east coast, so you will be able to transfer to different areas. Also have a lot of different career oppurtunities

Cons

Company has had a lot of cut backs lately. Employees that have been there 20+ years have been cut back to part time hours.

Be considerate

There are newer employer reviews for BB&T

Worked for BB&T? Contribute to the Community!