BB&T
www.bbt.com Winston-Salem, NC 5000+ Employees

Nauseating Work Environment

IT Engineering (Former Employee)
Wilson, NC

ProsThe customers holding up the bank are over 65 and have strong traditions. The branches are in the southeast, and they will remain in the southeast.

ConsThe customers holding up the bank will be dead most likely in about 20 years.
In IT Engineering, everybody was left to themselves which led things to go from bad to worse. Managers were let loose in supporting disciples they clearly didn't understand such as the content of the work at hand, teamwork and more importantly good leadership. The senior managers were driving change in too many directions. The person I reported to administratively was an associate manager who acted like he was the manager of the place who tried to intimidate you, he harissed people, and he enjoyed dropping project bombs on you with unthinkable deliverables, no intros and no project representation. The probability of achieving project goals there became an inverse ratio to its desirability. Getting goals accomplished was not practical because very few could work through the processes successfully, and you could ask but could not get direction from management on how to work through them. To get anything done there, you first had to prove that you didn't really need to get it done and then at about the time you make the ends meet, somebody goes and moves the ends! There were plenty of smiles usually when things went wrong and that was only because the smiling people had somebody in mind to blame. Overall my experience left me with a solid impression that you really can blame the blamers and management for everything.

Advice to Senior ManagementGET OUT

IT at BB&T, Avoid It.

UNIX Engineer (Former Employee)
    Wilson, NC

I worked at BB&T

Pros: I enjoyed most of my time with BB&T. The Sr. Management folks are well versed in their fields, BB&T will not loan funds for projects… Cons: There seems to be a large disconnect between the operational aspect of BB&T and the IT groups. While the business end of BB&T has mechanisms… Advice to Senior Management: Pay greater attention to the middle managers and how their… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Good pay and some benefits...but that's about it.

Part Time Teller (Current Employee)
    Ashburn, VA

I have been working at BB&T

Pros: Hourly rate is good. PTO on holidays. Vacation days. Cons: Responsibilities aside from the teller line duties. Are not considerate… Advice to Senior Management: Hire more people so you don't have to work your… More
There are newer reviews on BB&T.

Worked for BB&T? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BB&T reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for BB&T CEO Kelly S. King. All reviews posted anonymously by BB&T employees.