BBC
www.bbc.co.uk London, United Kingdom 5000+ Employees

Still the best place for journalism

Editor (Former Employee)
London, England (UK)

I worked at BBC full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGreat working opportunities -but, most of all, enjoyed the constant editorial discussions and (often difficult) decisions in an environment that gives journalist the breathing space to think.

ConsFollowing the "Killigan affair" a government attack on BBC's editorial values has eroded its structure and made the above mentioned breathing space narrower.

Advice to Senior ManagementFollow the lead of some of your predecessors and challenge common wisdom and create space for irreverent creativity.

Good for your CV

I have been working at BBC full-time

Pros: Great hours--typically 9-5 with no weekends. Colleagues are friendly and… Cons: Very low pay but that is expected from a media company… More

Good employer, creative opportunities, v good work/life balance

Broadcast Journalist (Current Employee)
London, England (UK)

I have been working at BBC full-time

Pros: Lots of opportunity to move around between departments Creative environment in… Cons: Lots of jobs for "cogs in a big machine" Promotion slow Hugely… Advice to Senior Management: Streamline, remove duplication of middle-management, less hierarchy Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on BBC.

Worked for BBC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BBC reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for BBC CEO Tony Hall. All reviews posted anonymously by BBC employees.