BBN Technologies
www.bbn.com Cambridge, MA 500 to 999 Employees

Excellent but the zombies are closing in

Senior Scientist (Current Employee)
Cambridge, MA

ProsBBN is company that values engineers first and foremost. Managers are almost always very successful engineers who have moved on to an oversight role but remain engineers at heart.

ConsFormer CEO/President Robert "Tad" Elmer left suddenly, without any explanation but apparently after a run in with the new Raytheon overlords. Raytheon's influence is creeping in slowly and is a total culture clash. The scientific method and the "don't think, follow the process" cultures don't mix.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease don't let Raytheon ruin BBN. BBNers by and large love their jobs. Every Raytheon engineer I know is miserable.

Great place to work!

Non-Technical Staff (Current Employee)

I have been working at BBN Technologies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Lots of smart people who are passionate about what they do, laid… Cons: Lack of career growth for non-technical staff, recently acquired by… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A great place to work

I have been working at BBN Technologies

Pros: BBN hires smart people and expects you to use your intelligence to solve difficult problems. Everyone at BBN is committed to doing the best… Cons: At BBN it can be hard to take a great idea and turn it… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on BBN Technologies.

Worked for BBN Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BBN Technologies reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for BBN Technologies CEO Ed Campbell. All reviews posted anonymously by BBN Technologies employees.