There are newer employer reviews for BBVA Compass

Great Culture

Current Employee - Senior Processor  in  Tempe, AZ
Current Employee - Senior Processor in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at BBVA Compass full-time for less than a year

Pros

Positive work environment, leadership team is focused on Employee satisfaction and creates ideas to keep everyone engaged with weekly recognition site huddles, fun site events like potlucks, catered lunches, holiday events. Pay is competitive for industry and they will reward experienced processors with a higher salary upon being hired. Great benefits package as well.

Cons

Open cubicles with no walls so there is no privacy at all. If you eat lunch at your desk everyone can see you. The quarterly bonus that operations staff gets is non-existent so don't count on this to make ends meet.

Great job building a fun and positive work culture. Since the company is Spanish owned it wouldn't hurt to incorporate a siesta time.

238 Other Employee Reviews for BBVA Compass (View Most Recent)

Employee/Family Favoritism; Micromanagement;Lack of integrity from Lower to high level Management.

Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst  in  Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at BBVA Compass full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I would vote no stars but I'm only here because of the economy and I have a family, otherwise I would have quit immediately.

Cons

How can an individual compete with Employee/Family Favoritism; Micromanagement;Lack of integrity from Lower level to Midlevel Management.

Please stop trying to micromanage employees and focus on our customers and their needs. Employees are not children, instead adults that can speculate what is going on. Please stop hiring each other's family employees. How can some employees compete this type of favoritism. It is hard as it is being an Employees and trying to proof themselves and moral suffers because of the family/friend favoritism. Performance assessments suffer because of this as well.

Third Tier Bank deluding itself it's Top Tier

Current Employee - Financial Sales Advisor II  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Financial Sales Advisor II in Dallas, TX

I have been working at BBVA Compass full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great employees, advancement possibilities depending on DRE (District Regional Executive)

Cons

Unrealistic sales goals - graded on DDA deposits, loan production, overall branch deposits and branch customer service score. Personals goals for deposits raised 10% over last year, but failed to disclose that money markets/CD's removed from totals this year, How can goals go up if you drop 50% of the products in that category? Ridiculous layers of "specialists" that do nothing. Lots of unqualified branch managers and district managers. Zero work life balance if in a branch.

Stop pretending you are Chase and get rid of useless middle managers. Lots of lateral moving of bad managers that should have been canned. Disclose any changes in incentive plans.

There are newer employer reviews for BBVA Compass

Worked for BBVA Compass? Contribute to the Community!