There are newer employer reviews for BBVA Compass

Great experience to learn the banking industry and earn skills that will serve you personally and professionally.

Former Employee - Senior Financial Sales Advisor in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Senior Financial Sales Advisor in Austin, TX

I worked at BBVA Compass full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to learn financial products and interact with customers across all income levels face to face. I learned finance on the front lines and had the chance to see both good habits and bad habits from customers, co-workers, and upper management.

Cons

Upper management was not in tune with the day to day challenges, sales goals were very high, and methods implemented to inflate numbers (call nights, call blitz's, and cold door to door prospecting, etc) yielded very little hard numbers and were only effective in increasing employee dissatisfaction. Company underwent a major CRM and tech renovation but is still woefully behind the bigger banks in terms of technology and tech centric products.

Work environment, team, and management keep or lose employees. The work environment was not very enjoyable, team non existent, and the path to promotions, bonuses, etc. was not very transparent.

reviews filtered by
  1. Enjoyed the work atmosphere

Current Employee - Branch Associate in McAllen, TX
    Current Employee - Branch Associate in McAllen, TX

I have been working at BBVA Compass part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule that is comfortable and is beneficial to gain experience. Very friendly atmosphere and enjoyed management

Cons

I found no cons. The only thing that may need to be worked on is the training that is given to begin job.

Worst Job ever!terrible hours, micromanagers, never let us use vacation time, mandatory overtime..like a sweat shop

Former Employee - Mortgage Banking Officer in Homewood, AL
    Former Employee - Mortgage Banking Officer in Homewood, AL

I worked at BBVA Compass full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

decent pay, I don't have anything positive to add really, life experience taught me to never refer anyone to that company

Cons

dirty building in Homewood off of West Valley Avenue that was infested with cockroaches and in the ghetto. It was not safe. No covered parking. When it rained puddles all over. The managers micromanaged and the cubicles were so low there was no privacy, they had mandatory overtime and mandated when it was taken..mandatory work on Saturdays 8-12. Felt like a number on a report. Mangers didn't get to know the employees, only looked at a report

stop micro managin, get better office supplies and a better building. Allow people to work overtime on their schedule. If you don't trust them then don't hire them! Stop trying to be on them 24/7 and let people just do there job even if they do chat some with each other. Stop treating it like a sweat shop....it's a horrible place to work!!! and BBVA has layoffs at least twice a year...no one is safe there in their job and they are treated like pre-schoolers. Plus did I say how nasty the building was? The CEO notified us that 2000 people would be laid off over the next 2 weeks by an email!!! then met with people 20 at a time or so to give them a layoff slip...very impersonal

There are newer employer reviews for BBVA Compass