BBVA Compass

Good place to work.

Current Employee - Product Manager in Birmingham, AL
Current Employee - Product Manager in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at BBVA Compass

Pros

Despite all of the changes going on within the company due to the buyout by the larger Spain based company BBVA, Compass is a good place to work. The department in which I work is has great leadership and direction.

Cons

Multiple shifts in organization at this time to align us with the head organization BBVA. Once the details shake out, we are bound to grow.

During these times of transition it is important to let key employees know that they will have an important place within the organization. Otherwise, they start to explore other opportunities.

289 Other Employee Reviews for BBVA Compass (View Most Recent)

Credit Guy

Current Employee - ARM III in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - ARM III in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at BBVA Compass

Pros

Work life balance is big, not because they believe in it but I just think they are overstaffed and there is simply not that much to go around

Cons

Undemanding job. It's very easy to get in a rut and stop caring completely about what you are doing. Its just soooooo lax its totally rediculous

Challenge people. We may surprise you. The flip side of that coin is you need to come down on the slackers or else there is no incentive to work hard

Banking, will it ever be a great place to work again!?!?

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at BBVA Compass

Pros

Good medical and dental insurance. Great vacation allowance. Company tends to award time off for winning campaigns.

Cons

No room for advancement anymore. Must be hired for management positions from the outside. Horrible training. Senior management often disorganized and forgetful. Promised a great future... yet to have seen it. There is a lot of gossiping and backstabbing among the management teams, district level and HR. Welcome Guaranty!

Grow up. Support higher education and quit beating people up. Try positive or coaching for motivation instead of scare tactics. Stop the insane 3rd Saturday a month. Management doesn't do anything those days anyway.

There are newer employer reviews for BBVA Compass