There are newer employer reviews for BBVA Compass

Stress Not Worth Money

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Fort Worth, TX
Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at BBVA Compass

Pros

Job was so stessfull motived me to return to college and complete my masters. It was great getting to know customers and helping people resolve issues with their accounts.

Cons

customers are very rude. very often cussed out by irrate customers. very high pressure sales environment. HATE cold calling. Would never do this job again.

Management and training was very inconsistant between banking center managers. Find a way to treamline training and experience. The variance between managers' abilities was frustrating.

254 Other Employee Reviews for BBVA Compass (View Most Recent)

Would not work here

Former Employee - Financial Sales Representative in Mobile, AL
    Former Employee - Financial Sales Representative in Mobile, AL

I worked at BBVA Compass

Pros

Good Commission and good poducts

Cons

Horrible managment. You can be top in sales and not get a raise.

None

Current Employee - Senior Financial Sales Consultant in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Sales Consultant in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at BBVA Compass

Pros

Initially was not as aggressively sales motivated at other employers I have worked for. (Chase) The company is rapidly taking on BBVA's profit model which calls for stricter policies, higher goals and less compensation.

Cons

Technology is extremely back dated. Do not expect to gather any valuable information needed regarding client accounts or problem resolutions quickly. They constantly create new reports and policy/procedure changes to make up for the lack of platform competency. salary is in line with other banks base salaries. However, the commission structure for consumer and business products is offensive. This coupled with the almost unattainable goals and requirements that bankers now act as full MBO's without the compensation makes for a depressing work environment.

Create clear, concise commission structures that compete with other leading banks.

There are newer employer reviews for BBVA Compass