There are newer employer reviews for BCBG

Fun working with cute clothes!

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Okemos, MI
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Okemos, MI

I have been working at BCBG part-time for less than a year

Pros

You get a good discount of 40% off. If you work at a partner shop (like Macys) you get additional 20% off. There are also employee perks a few times a year (more around holidays) where you get a 75% off.

Cons

You are expected to keep getting new clients which is difficult to do after time passes by, because the clothes are really expensive and you need as specific type of person who is willing to spend that much on clothes. If you do not live in an area which has many wealthy people or a non metropolitan area it is hard to continuously find new clients.

428 Other Employee Reviews for BCBG (View Most Recent)

If you're a pro at selling this is the place for you!

Current Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at BCBG full-time for more than a year

Pros

Clothing discounts are ok but the price points are quite high
    Bonus
    Gift Card if you sell a certain amount in a month

Cons

-You are pretty much forced to wear their clothes and encouraged to wear heels for 8 hours and look a certain way with a low paying salary? I think not.
    -Antiquated register system
    -.It's all about selling.
    -Training for new employees is about reading a manual
    -Clothes are supposedly high fashion. I don't think so.
    -No work / life balance. Hours are insane!
    -Employees that are qualified to take on management roles are overlooked and they hire from the outside.
    -No structure.
    -High turn over

-Update register systems so customers aren't waiting around forever while you're plugging in style numbers. They do have scanners that automatically tell where merchandise is.
    -Do not overlook well qualified employees. Be loyal to those that are loyal to your business! Promote them!

They keep you at the company because of the discounted clothes

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Bergen, NJ
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Bergen, NJ

I have been working at BCBG part-time for more than a year

Pros

Receiving 75% off clothes a few times a year
    Fashion Forward clothing
    Alright Staff

Cons

If you have no bills to pay and still receive money from your parents this is a great job. You get paid the same amount as a cashier at H&M... mind you BCBG MaxAzria clothes are nearly 10x the price point of H&M.

They are SO image based. I'm very natural. I don't wear too much make up but i always look polished. The manager would tell us during our store meetings that we do not look brand. They said we have to wear more make up and higher heals... Mind you , none of the sales associate could afford a manicure with only making $220 a week.

They give you more and more responsibilities every month and no raise. You only receive a raise after ever 2 years with the company.

They cannot offer a sales associate full time. There idea is to hire many sales associate and distribute the hours. I was only given 25 hours a week.

They have sales contests for BCBG gift cards and bonuses, but do not pay you in the end. Six months ago i won $100 bonus and I have not seen about it. The manager and district manager do not care about you getting the right money you earned.

The Company's Responsibilities are as follows: Learn all Product Knowledge...Know trends, terms, materials, what body type it'd look good on.. Keep up with a client book filled with your daily sales, events, special orders from customers, notes, and customers...

they want you to get customers to become clients.. which when new trends come in they want you to call them and style them head to toe. they want you to remember all that they've purchased, and suggestive sell.

Realize what the company wants from their employees but what they pay them! If you don't pay, don't expect us to act like lious vuitton workers ( who are hired at $16 an hour)

There are newer employer reviews for BCBG

Worked for BCBG? Contribute to the Community!