There are newer employer reviews for BCD Travel

Large Company, somewhat skewed view of management.

Current Employee - Senior Corporate Travel Consultant in Portland, OR
Current Employee - Senior Corporate Travel Consultant in Portland, OR

I have been working at BCD Travel

Pros

Decent pay, okay benefits, good hours, fantastic training program, good communication with employees from the top ranks, nice office with a pretty view

Cons

My personal manager is a waste of oxygen, lack of teamwork, no accountability, system updates (we got new computers recently, but are still on XP and IE 6.0)

Advice to Management

Improve communications from direct managment, improve medical and dental benefits, improve advancement opportunites, allow for more virtual work positions, decrease expectations on workload - it's WAY to high in some departments!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

If you are willing to learn, you will grow at BCD Travel

Former Employee - Knowledge IS King in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Knowledge IS King in Atlanta, GA

I worked at BCD Travel

Pros

Nice office, good teamwork, GREAT travel perks. (IATAN Card)

Cons

Not all managers want to be managers. If you have a different personality than you manager, their may be conflict or you might be disappointed in how well the two of you can connect.

Advice to Management

Explain the expenses of running a business to the employees,so they understand WHY they are paid what they receive.

BCD Travel is a great workplace

Current Employee - CDS Tech Specialist in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - CDS Tech Specialist in Columbus, OH

I have been working at BCD Travel

Pros

The best reasons to work for BCD Travel are the following:
    - Low stress (The relationships BCD Travel maintains with its clients allows you the ability to fulfill your role without the pressure of completing in a somewhat unrealistic time frame)
    - Great employees and managers (Down to earth kind of folks. You can immediately feel like if you are one of the team members on the first day of work).
    - Easy to master your role (My day to day duties are clearly defined and there are no issues in working with my supervisor to define how we can expand that role)

Cons

The downsides of working at BCD Travel are the following:
    - Not enough team communication (Sometimes during production periods we forget to regroup and discuss pending issues)
    - Low pay (This is relavant to the role however I believe they can reduce certain unneeded staff and increase the pay for the more productive employees).
    - More cross-training (Cross-training is usually a universal issue throughout all the industries; however I believe a better effort can me made to provide better training).

Other than that, I do not see any other downsides of working at BCD Travel, and I would highly recommend this position to any technical person.

Advice to Management

Be more proactive in gathering the team, standardizing daily practices, and providing more training.