There are newer employer reviews for BCE

BCE is a great place to work for someone who loves to learn about technology and is flexible in the work that they do.

Current Employee - Senior Business Intelligence Analyst  in  Ottawa, ON (Canada)
Current Employee - Senior Business Intelligence Analyst in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I have been working at BCE

Pros

Being such a large and diversified company, there are lots of opportunities to expand your horizons if you are willing to learn, put in some extra time to pick up new skills on your own and who can develop relationships across business units. Being flexible is definitely a plus and is rewarded. There are always special projects to work on and you are only limited by your ability to learn.

Benefits packages are competitive and complete including medical, dental and vision at no cost to the employee for individual coverage.

The stock purchase plan, currently under review because of the privatization underway is pretty good and offers a way for employees to save money while kicking in an extra bit from the company.

The tuition reimbursement program has enabled me to continue my education at university and my bosses have always recognized my extra effort on my own time.

Cons

There is a culture amongst management that you have to work unpaid overtime or you will be seen as "not committed" to the company.

Being a large company, getting the right amount of communication is difficult. You either get too much or too little. You have to dig some times.

Further, getting all the required approvals is an exercise in bureaucracy that is not seen in smaller companies. There is a governance model required for everything and you lose a lot of time and effort just jumping through hoops.

Lastly, the business unit structure encourages infighting and battles for money that do nothing for the bottom line, but only the performance rating of some Vice President. Doing away with funding other business units with funny money would do a lot to improve performance.

Be open and honest with your employees. They are smarter and more able to handle the truth than you think. Be accepting of challenges and don't be afraid to meet all your employees and let them get to know you. It is only by knowing what kind of person you are that they will grow to trust you.

6 Other Employee Reviews for BCE (View Most Recent)

Amazing corporate culture

Current Employee - Sales Consultant  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at BCE part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits, pay, and work environment

Cons

Slower to promote, miscommunication between different departments

Poor support

Current Employee - Business Analyst  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at BCE full-time for more than a year

Pros

healthy budget for initiatives and office environment

Cons

poor work life balance and poor support from executives

review the conduct of executive groups and their treatment of their FTE's

There are newer employer reviews for BCE

Worked for BCE? Contribute to the Community!