BCS

www.bcs-hq.com
  www.bcs-hq.com
There are newer employer reviews for BCS

Great place to work and grow

I have been working at BCS

Pros

Great benefits - 100% healthcare costs covered
Ability to work on diverse topics and pursue topics of interest.
Ability to work with great colleagues that are hard working and extremely bright.
Promotions are based on proven abilities rather than simple seniority
The company always does what it takes to get the job done right.

Cons

Slow hiring process
Tuition reimbursement could be higher
The work can be demanding, and at times can require that employees work overtime.

Managers must focus on mentoring junior staff to sharpen their skills and help them grow professionally. In addition looking for outlets to provide recognition for staff would be good.

16 Other Employee Reviews for BCS (View Most Recent)

RUN- quick

I have been working at BCS

Pros

Decent health benefits - pay fully for health care
    Decent exposure to interesting projects/ public sector consulting and clean energy field for a recent graduate

Cons

- My greatest criticism is that the management is incompetent. Some managers are only in their twenties (working with clients in their fifties-- can make clients scratch their heads). I don't believe any management have MBAs. If they do, you wouldn't know it because it is evident that the general business knowledge among management is absolutely sub-par. They do not foster ideas from employees who are knowledgeable and have had experience at other similar companies. They seem clueless about how to manage people, motivate business development, and inspire the company. If you are interested in learning from solid management with diverse backgrounds in this field, you will not find that here.

The company had good growth (for a small company) from 2008 through 2010, but stagnated and has recently laid off employees. I now often question if the company will survive and most of my colleagues are searching for jobs (hence why I am on this site).

With federal budget pressures, my impression is that clients question BCS's technical skills and may be looking to competitors for work. (why I say, RUN)

Other criticisms:
    - High turnover rate
    - Unprofessional environment
    - Reviews are a joke- management seem incapable of providing constructive feedback and fostering professional development
    - Questionable billing practices
    - Pay is well below market average
    - Job security is weak (very upsetting to many of my colleagues, especially in this economy)

- Develop business practices and hire managers who have MBAs and/or worked at large companies and have more experience in running a successful business with happy employees (who feel secure in their jobs!)
    - Don't hire twenty something year old managers and expect to go far business-wise (with existing and new clients)
    - Improve pay
    - Foster professional development - specifically with younger staff

Growing Company with Opportunity for Career Growth

Current Employee - Research Associate in Arvada, CO
    Current Employee - Research Associate in Arvada, CO

I have been working at BCS

Pros

- Great colleagues
    - Lots of internal opportunities
    - Company is growing and makes changes as needed to continue succeeding
    - Projects can vary, making work interesting and different each week

Cons

- Some do not like the expectation that employees should put in extra hours to develop proposals for new contracts
    - A fast growing company can experience growing pains, such as a greater need for IT support for employees
    - Promotion and bonus structure are not defined well enough

Management does great work overall. Very enjoyable workplace and interesting projects. It would be nice to have a more organized way of showing our work on proposals, as well as a more clearly defined bonus and promotion structure. Nobody really knows what is going on or what to expect.

There are newer employer reviews for BCS