There are newer employer reviews for BD

IT has become an SAP shop

Current Employee - IT Analyst
Current Employee - IT Analyst

I have been working at BD full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

BD has great company values. They are a Medical Manufacturing company whose moto is "Helping People live Healthy Lives".
Lots of chances to learn all about SAP not only in IT but throughout the company.

Cons

IT is a support organization. This is true of many companies, however its just important to understand that distinction.
This is also a highly regulated company because its in Medical so it takes a longer time to get things done.

366 Other Employee Reviews for BD (View Most Recent)

I enjoyed my experience with BD overall and wouldn't mind working for the company again sometime.

I worked at BD

Pros

Good company, generally ethical and fair; tough and usually successful competitor in the medical device market. One of the now dwindling group of companies that still have a pension plan in addition to a 401K.

Cons

Like so many older American firms it is becoming more and more difficult to turn a profit in the states, so success from plants overseas often results in production expansion and growth but not in the US operations. The company is large and diversified so raises are pretty consistent but usually just keep up with inflation and such.

The more I knew about the "big picture" the easier it was for me to prioritize my individual contribution to support it (obviously, sometimes I felt in the dark on this and it became disconcerting at times).

small division in a large company

I have been working at BD

Pros

get to learn all aspects of the business.

Cons

all the experience is light, start to lose expertise.

There are newer employer reviews for BD

Worked for BD? Contribute to the Community!