There are newer employer reviews for BD

Challenging, rewarding, and quality-of-life-conscious

Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer  in  Sparks, MD
Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Sparks, MD

I have been working at BD full-time for more than a year

Pros

BD is very conscious of quality of life, working environment is very congenial, work is challenging but rewarding. BD is very committed to its mission statement of "helping all people live healthy lives", and work to that end is rewarding.

Cons

Compensation is at best average compared to others in the medical products industry. Company is too risk-averse in product development and overdependent on acquisition for innovation. BD typically does not like to hire employees without significant experience, which leads to having an older workforce.

371 Other Employee Reviews for BD (View Most Recent)

Customer Service reps bail faster than a speeding bullet!

Current Employee - Service Representative  in  San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Service Representative in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at BD full-time for more than a year

Pros

at least I have a job!

Cons

No leadership, no concern for reps on the floor, no fair treatment, information is not shared, it's all about yourself. I heard someone tell another person they need to only look out for themselves and not for others. This is a very selfish environment I hate this job but I don't have the energy to look around town and search for a new job. Managers never interact with us reps. New hires drop like flies and no one seems to give a care. It's depressing when everyone around me complains about the same things all day. If I was a leader, I would be asking the long term reps what is wrong. We all hear why they leave, but no one asks us. No one cares. Its just another low class call center hiring anyone off the street who will stay for the low pay and a couple cent raises. Their a billion dollar company and dont think its necesary to give cost of living raises? wow.

Interact with employees more than hi and bye. Hold team meetings, find out why its so depressing in the call center. No one cares and it shows. why are all new hires leaving so fast? Loosing over 30 new employees in one year is not normal. Your like the arrogant selfish person who thinks nothings wrong with them, that people who leave are the problem. Its time to look in the mirror BD, and ask why everyone is leaving you. Good leadership nd happy employees starts at the top of management. So I blame managers and so called team leaders. Why dont you monitor them more closely and ask team members there opinion of how ineffective they are. But you dont and people leave. Even people who dont leave want to leave. They wont tell you, they just wont show up and you will never know. Your all so stupid and treat us like were the dumb one. There are so called leads that never respect the bd core values but no one will catch them since they hide it around people not on their team. You have to many phonies who put on a show when the managers are near. ITs horrible.

Good stable place to work, lots of process.

Current Employee - Staff Engineer  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Staff Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at BD full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Smart colleagues. Interesting scientific domain and computer science problems. You're working to improve patients' lives.

Cons

Lots of hoops to get through to initiate change. Heavily bureaucratic.

There are newer employer reviews for BD

Worked for BD? Contribute to the Community!