There are newer employer reviews for BDO

good place to work and learn

Pros

very good work life balance

Cons

low profile, always wanted to become big 4 but never able to

Other Employee Reviews for BDO

1. I started as fresh graduate and I took a huge experience in the HR field

Current Employee - Human Resources Coordinator in Cairo (Egypt)
    Current Employee - Human Resources Coordinator in Cairo (Egypt)

I have been working at BDO full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Work Place is very near to my home, and nice colleagues. As a first step in my career path, I've learned a lot in the Human Resources department specially in the recruitment field

Cons

There is no improvements for a senior levels because it is still a small company, which means that the hierarchy is limited.

Advice to Management

Try to communicate more with the employees and encourage them.

A blend of good and bad experiences

Former Contractor - Audit Trainee in Karāchi (Pakistan)
    Former Contractor - Audit Trainee in Karāchi (Pakistan)

I worked at BDO as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

BDO Pakistan is part of an international network of firms. They have a few large and many medium sized clients in manufacturing, trading and service industries. Moreover its easier to switch between various services (external audit, internal audit, consultancy etc.) giving a diverse exposure to employees.

Cons

The environment of the firm lacks professionalism. Importance to learning and career development of employees is not given. The focus is just on completing the tasks rather than giving quality output and value addition. The firm has a high rate of employee turnover, particularly at senior levels. Due to instability of personnel at senior management levels, planning of engagements is ineffective leading to poor quality of supervision, inappropriate management of assignments, inconsistent work flow, delay in reporting and ultimately client dissatisfaction.

Advice to Management

More focus should be made on learning and development of employees. Staff at senior levels should be retained by developing a professional and congenial environment with better incentives. Importance should be given to add value to clients, building a long term relationship with them rather than short term gains.