There are newer employer reviews for BDO USA

Best move of my career. Best middle market firm to work for.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Las Vegas, NV
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at BDO USA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Professional environment, great technology, flexible, lots of relevant CPE. Clientele is middle market and gives you exposure to all kinds of transactions and situations. Potential for international travel.

Cons

Pressure to maintain heavy workload depending on size of office, turnover at lower levels. This is all normal stuff related to public accounting at a national level - it is not unique to BDO.

Consider having more fun team building events at CPE, and the national and local levels.

213 Other Employee Reviews for BDO USA (View Most Recent)

Working in the tax department of the Charlotte, NC office was the worst experience of my career

Former Employee - Tax Senior Associate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Tax Senior Associate in Charlotte, NC

I worked at BDO USA full-time for more than a year

Pros

This office has a broad base of clients and offers good opportunities to work on various areas of tax preparation. Hours during busy season were not bad compared to typical tax departments in other public accounting firms.

Cons

I found the tax department in the Charlotte, NC, office extremely conservative and unwelcoming to newcomers. Reviewers were more interested in embarrassing you and asserting their own superiority than explaining how you could complete the task correctly next time.

Although the tone for the group is set by top management, be conscious of the office environment that your staff and seniors experience.

Decent hours

Current Employee - Senior Auditor  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Auditor in New York, NY

I have been working at BDO USA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Hours even during busy season, I rearly worked weekends
    Not as busy as Big Four
    Learn more about hedge funds of all sizes

Cons

Growth was stagnant, giving work and told to copy/do it as it was done the prior year, all employees not keen to reinventing the wheel. Do anything to make the client happy.

There are newer employer reviews for BDO USA

Worked for BDO USA? Contribute to the Community!