Great Company to work

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Miami, FL
Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Miami, FL

Pros

Bdo offer great benefits, great group of professional

Cons

long hours, very low employee consideration

Advice to Management

have more events to involve employees

Other Employee Reviews for BDO USA

BDO is A GREAT PLACE TO WORK.

Current Employee - Partner in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Partner in Costa Mesa, CA

Pros

I can say that a lot of the managers enjoy working here. They also inform me that our staff enjoy working here as well, and that we offer many things that other public accounting firms do not. - - You have the good fortune of working with some of the best people in the field. People here have basically written the tax law. - - There is no other firm experience that gives you the gold reference on your resume. BDO on your resume is a golden ticket to future work desserts. - - We offer flexible work schedule that fit your life. If the client work can accomodate it, our staff are able to work at home. We also offer work schedules that require less than the 55 hours - - even during tax season. - - We offer 5 weeks of vacation during your first year of employment. - - We offer some of the best live CPA continuing education classes in-house. - - We offer nutrious dinners for thos who choose to stay late.

Cons

I don't see any downside to working at BDO. If anything, I would think that our managers and staff would want to work more than what we require. I think we need to offer our managers and staff the ability to work on more varied client work.

Advice to Management

As a person who knows the management, I think they try hard to be the best.

Tax Senior Associate

Former Employee - Tax Senior Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Tax Senior Associate in New York, NY

Pros

The work is exposure is very interesting and there is a high potential to learn and grow on the job. Coworkers are overall friendly and helpful. Most of supervisors are willing to help and jump in when needed. It is a hands- on work atmosphere. If you are hardworking, you will be recognized.

Cons

The compensation is not competitive enough. Not enough staff to delegate work. Management focuses more on the well being of senior levels disregarding the status of the workforce.

Advice to Management

Take the persons more into consideration at staff level. Focus more on the technical work than administrative issues. Provide equal compensation for persons with the same qualifications.