BDO USA

Avoid the New York Expatriate Tax Practice

Former Employee - Tax in New York, NY
Former Employee - Tax in New York, NY

I worked at BDO USA

Pros

As with any other workplace, the best reason to work at BDO are certain people in the firm, those who care about you as a person rather than a body to complete jobs.

Cons

Overall the firm is good, just as any of the Big Four. However, like the others, the experience depends on the business segment in which one works. Also, advancement within specialty groups is quite limited as these groups need fewer high level individuals (managers, senior managers, directors, etc.). Avoid the New York expatriate tax practice.

The Human Capital department (previously 'HR') needs to recognize that within an accounting/auditing/consulting firm, its role is to assist management while also watching out for the best interest of the client service professionals. The client service professionals should not be taken for granted.

224 Other Employee Reviews for BDO USA (View Most Recent)

Great Company to work

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Miami, FL

I have been working at BDO USA

Pros

Bdo offer great benefits, great group of professional

Cons

long hours, very low employee consideration

have more events to involve employees

BDO is A GREAT PLACE TO WORK.

Current Employee - Partner in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Partner in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at BDO USA

Pros

I can say that a lot of the managers enjoy working here. They also inform me that our staff enjoy working here as well, and that we offer many things that other public accounting firms do not.

- - You have the good fortune of working with some of the best people in the field. People here have basically written the tax law.
    - - There is no other firm experience that gives you the gold reference on your resume. BDO on your resume is a golden ticket to future work desserts.
    - - We offer flexible work schedule that fit your life. If the client work can accomodate it, our staff are able to work at home. We also offer work schedules that require less than the 55 hours - - even during tax season.
    - - We offer 5 weeks of vacation during your first year of employment.
    - - We offer some of the best live CPA continuing education classes in-house.
    - - We offer nutrious dinners for thos who choose to stay late.

Cons

I don't see any downside to working at BDO. If anything, I would think that our managers and staff would want to work more than what we require. I think we need to offer our managers and staff the ability to work on more varied client work.

As a person who knows the management, I think they try hard to be the best.

There are newer employer reviews for BDO USA