Good firm to work for with great work life balance

Current Employee - Senior Manager  in  San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at BDO USA

Pros

Flexibility of adjusting hours for family situations or events. My manager frequently insist I do a double take when I mention the kids. My family loves it that I get flexible hours for special times.

Cons

Managers sometimes not giving full recognition where it is due. Difficulty with getting salary bumps especially in the down economy in spite of pulling doubly hard.

Focus on retention of prized staff as this will undoubtedly impact the firm when the tide turns. Not even attention or funding to educate the most deserving people.

Other Reviews for BDO USA

Small feel with the resources of the Big-4.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at BDO USA

Pros

The size of the firm allows experience in multiple areas, and receiving recognition for the work you do. BDO has the resources of a large multinational firm with the feel of a smaller firm.

Cons

BDO focuses on middle market clients. Although this allows for a variety of work, you may miss out on some of the larger clients which would also offer valuable experience.

Worst Firm Ever

Current Employee - Intern  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Intern in New York, NY

I have been working at BDO USA

Pros

To give something on your resume

Cons

Worst firm to work for as an intern. As someone mentioned before, the firm pays no attention to their intern's schedule. They expect you to work long hours during busy seasons but couldn't care less about your exams. It is frowned upon when you take days off and just want to take the most out of their interns while they are here.

School first, work second. We're interns, not your full-time employees.

There are newer employer reviews for BDO USA.

Worked for BDO USA? Contribute to the Community!