A good company for chemical logistics, but very traditional. Senior management is weak and not visionary.

I worked at BDP International

Pros

family values and expertise in chemical logistics

Cons

Strong bias to hiring family members and family friends to key positions, uncompetitive salaries, weak training program (if at all), not aligned to future trends in the industry. A very traditional company.

Other Reviews for BDP International

Began my career at BDP...left after a year and never looking back!

Former Employee - Logistics Coordinator
    Former Employee - Logistics Coordinator

I worked at BDP International

Pros

Laid back environment. Depending on which office, management does not follow the company handbook. A fun place to work IF you get a long with everyone and have a good sense of humor. Good place to start your career - it will help you decide what you want in life...I decided I wanted a new industry.

Cons

The salary is disappointing. You get minimal training if you're entry-level...and they expect you to make few errors. If a mistake is made, sufficient corrective action is not taken in order to help the employee. Management seems to get impatient with employees; if you're not doing something right, instead of re-training or even terminating the employee, the issue is dragged out causing more mistakes when finally management finds the courage to fire someone. You can't go to a BDP office without meeting people who are related to someone in the company. If you're not related to anyone in the company, don't expect to go far.

STOP allowing employees to hire relatives! This is NOT a good policy. I understand and respect the Bolte's and that BDP is a family company, but individual offices with random employees allowed to hire their relatives is a huge issue leading to favoritism and other employees feeling insignificant.

A Joke

I have been working at BDP International

Pros

A Paycheck, insurance and.........thats about it... entry level talent..I guess. a good first job for export experience..

Cons

Zero employee development. Managment is clueless. The entire aston facility is related"somehow"BDP does not care what your skill set is, as long as you know someone, your in! Management is past their time. Zero customer service. Managment is arrogant without any good reason to be..most are not knowledgeable, have zero integrity and are so focused on their own little BDP world that they have tunnel vision.Most of the employee's would never make it with another employer, but BDP's standars are so low that they dont realize this.

Stop hiring family and friends and get some real talent in the facility.

There are newer employer reviews for BDP International.

Worked for BDP International? Contribute to the Community!