There are newer employer reviews for BDS Marketing

BDS does not care about its employees

Former Employee - Senior Sales Specialist
Former Employee - Senior Sales Specialist

I worked at BDS Marketing as a contractor for more than 5 years

Pros

BDS was a nice place to work in the beginning about eight years ago, but they restructured and started colder and colder field management, who had less and less regard for the people they were in charge of.

Cons

Work is scarce at best the last year I worked for them.

Field management changes CONSTANTLY. It felt like every week I was taking orders from someone different. The last person I worked under was incredibly cold and distant, terrible person.

They send you into stores like Best Buy and T-Mobile that they KNOW are hostile because they do not want a salesman on their floor that they did not train. They tell their employees they don't have to work with you which causes a hostile work environment, and causes all kinds of problems. You can make a bunch of sales for a Best Buy employee which they'll get credit for, and they'll still find something to complain about and act like they're trying to compete with you... ever though they are getting credit for YOUR SALES! Unbelievable!

I was harassed multiple times by managers in Best Buy. They would go out of their way to cause trouble, lie and back stab, and tell their employees to tattle tail on me if I so much as breathed. One of them even stood over me while I ate in the break room, watching me like I was a criminal and wouldn't leave, constantly stared at me like he was waiting for me to make a mistake, and then threatened to call security to throw me out it I didn't leave. I was so upset I actually cried, and BDS did absolutely nothing! The customers were also incredibly rude and would complain if you so much as looked at them, which Best Buy would use to get me thrown out of their stores.

I worked for BDS for 6 years and I was a senior sales specialist, and they never did anything about the formal complaints I made about being harassed in Best Buy, nothing at all!

When the inevitable happens and you're asked to leave a store because they didn't want you in there in the first place and are looking for any excuse to get you out of it, BDS will fire you on the spot. They changed that rule and never told me. If I had known I never would have agreed to go into a Best Buy. In fact, they actually woke me up at 6AM just to fire me, and the people on that phone call were the coldest most unfeeling people I've ever been unlucky enough to come across. These people made my skin scrawl.

Obviously my title and the number of years I worked for them meant NOTHING AT ALL. No room for understanding or hearing my side of the story, no demotion, no penalty, just the axe. These people are scum.

Stay away from this company, they cold not care less about their employees, all they care about is $$$$.

Now my references are terrible, because the field management I worked under were changed so often I don't remember who they were, not that they'd remember me anyway since they changed about every week or every month, and I certainly can't used the last one... she was just a terrible human being with no remorse or moral compass. Combine this with the fact that they threw me out with the trash.

Go back to the way things were when you actually cared about your employees and hired decent human beings! Right now you're just another parasitic company making money off the backs of your unappreciated employees. When you don't care about your own employees, it creates a trickle down effect from management all the way down through the field management to your people on the ground working in the stores. They value their job less and less and hire worse and worse people, and their attitudes deteriorate. Garbage in, garbage out.

71 Other Employee Reviews for BDS Marketing (View Most Recent)

Great company! Good management, well structured and good business practices.

Current Employee - Market Development Manager  in  Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Market Development Manager in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at BDS Marketing full-time for less than a year

Pros

You make your own schedule and do as well as you let yourself.

Cons

3 conference calls a week. I think 2 should be the max.

Your doing a great job keep it up!

Not Bad

Current Employee - Assisted Sales Representative  in  Skokie, IL
    Current Employee - Assisted Sales Representative in Skokie, IL

I have been working at BDS Marketing part-time for less than a year

Pros

I had a good manager who was easy to communicate with. You are independent. Decent Hourly Rate. I sold cameras, so I was sent a personal camera to demonstrate with. I was able to use my manager as a reference for many different things in the future.

Cons

My position was Seasonal. There aren't many cons to this job it's so simple and you're so independent.

Add some full time spots.

There are newer employer reviews for BDS Marketing

Worked for BDS Marketing? Contribute to the Community!