Intern

Current Employee - Intern in Everett, WA
Current Employee - Intern in Everett, WA

I have been working at BE Aerospace part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Got to learn a lot

Cons

None everything was good. I liked my work

Advice to Management

Keep it up

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Internship Co-Op

Former Intern - Intern in Anaheim, CA
    Former Intern - Intern in Anaheim, CA

I worked at BE Aerospace as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

friendly environment and flexible schedule for student.

Cons

I don't have any cons while working there.

Very few rays of sunshine. Run away.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fenwick, WV
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fenwick, WV

I have been working at BE Aerospace full-time

Pros

You will receive experience and training that is difficult to get elsewhere.

Cons

You are not considered a person. You are just another resource to be used well past depletion. Your life and family do not matter. You will be forced to work absolutely ridiculous hours just to try and keep your head above water. God help you if you have a rare skill as not only will you be drug to the middle of nowhere for long lengths of time, you will also be expected to somehow take care of your normal duties at the plant.

Management subscribes to the "do it anyway, we don't care what you have to sacrifice" school of thought that should have been proven ineffective in the 1950's. You will be threatened, disrespected, insulted, and you're considered defective if you don't buy into it. People are hired without the skills or aptitude for a particular role and, instead of being held accountable, will be rewarded with others being required to pick up the slack. Oh, and "salary" merely means "nonunion employee who doesn't get paid overtime but IS expected to use PTO to cover so much as leaving 1 hour early and will be threatened with termination if he/she doesn't willingly work holidays when effective work can't take place anyway." Don't expect flexible hours or the ability to plan anything not directly related to playing catch up due to another's lack of planning. Some other schmuck WILL screw up and YOU will be expected to either fix or take the fall for it.
    the
    Shortsighted, narrow-minded, self-serving, arrogant, just plain nasty. These are but a few descriptors that fit extremely well. Thanks to our exceedingly poor retention rate, management approaches new hires with a poor attitude. This breeds contempt between employees and management and has turned into one heckuva vicious cycle. Instead of trying to accept where the problem begins, fingers get pointed and blame is distributed, justifying the same treatment for the next poor soul.

Run. Run as if the devil himself were on your heels. If you walk through these doors, he will be.

Advice to Management

Take responsibility. We're not all going to stick around to be your scapegoat. Try to treat employees as people who have lives and educated opinions. Stop scheming; you're not nearly as clever as you imagine. Perhaps better results would be seen if employees were given support instead of shoestring budgets and excuses.