BEA Systems

Management feedback

Former Employee - Senior Principal Consultant in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Senior Principal Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at BEA Systems

Pros

Innovative technology company to work for.

Cons

Poor compensation, very poor leadership

Its immaterial now

50 Other Employee Reviews for BEA Systems (View Most Recent)

BEA Consulting Review

Former Employee - Consultant in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Consultant in San Jose, CA

I worked at BEA Systems

Pros

Good Product and Latest Technology in the application and services infrastructure space

Cons

The immediate management was running their own show with their own say and promoting their own few people. The Executives and Senior Management were not given true picture of what is happening in the lower ranks. I have seen 3 directors promoted to VP in last 5 yrs (2002-2007) in my group (Consulting) and consultants were made to do the same type of works year-after-year. It seems like the immediate management (Directors) were fighting the battle (meeting their revenue numbers and targets) but putting guns on Consultant shoulders. Anyways, now Oracle has acquired BEA, I can only pray that things improve but I see no hope for that as the same management (Director and VP) is being kept intact from consulting perspective.

Take feedback from folks in the field and don't get blinded by the immediate subordinates (Directors and VP)

No ability to sell.

Former Employee - Major Account Manager in Huntsville, AL
    Former Employee - Major Account Manager in Huntsville, AL

I worked at BEA Systems

Pros

BEA pays its employees well for sales performance. They let you work own your own and manage your business. The company has excellent technical resources, and good products for developers. The company is inovative in product development and product quality. It also has very loyal customers that are dedicated to its solutions.

Cons

No direction for the company. The company does not know how to compete well in the market place. BEA does not have good marketing and reley's too much on its technology. There was not a good career path for its employees. They did not communicate well, and the employees did not have much to sell. BEAs products were very hard to sell because very few people knew who they were.

Communitcate better. Tell the employees about the direction of the company. Marketing the company better. BEA had no brand presence.

There are newer employer reviews for BEA Systems