There are newer employer reviews for BEA Systems

Management feedback

Former Employee - Senior Principal Consultant in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Senior Principal Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at BEA Systems

Pros

Innovative technology company to work for.

Cons

Poor compensation, very poor leadership

Its immaterial now

50 Other Employee Reviews for BEA Systems (View Most Recent)

BEA Consulting Review

Former Employee - Consultant in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Consultant in San Jose, CA

I worked at BEA Systems

Pros

Good Product and Latest Technology in the application and services infrastructure space

Cons

The immediate management was running their own show with their own say and promoting their own few people. The Executives and Senior Management were not given true picture of what is happening in the lower ranks. I have seen 3 directors promoted to VP in last 5 yrs (2002-2007) in my group (Consulting) and consultants were made to do the same type of works year-after-year. It seems like the immediate management (Directors) were fighting the battle (meeting their revenue numbers and targets) but putting guns on Consultant shoulders. Anyways, now Oracle has acquired BEA, I can only pray that things improve but I see no hope for that as the same management (Director and VP) is being kept intact from consulting perspective.

Take feedback from folks in the field and don't get blinded by the immediate subordinates (Directors and VP)

Innovation in marketing

Former Employee - Marketing Director in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Director in San Jose, CA

I worked at BEA Systems

Pros

The marketing program I was part of was innovative and market leading (see Charlene Li's book, Groundswell). I had the scope to be creative and work with any part of the organization that I needed. The product is solid and customers were generally satisfied - a good place to start when running interactive marketing campaigns. BEA attracted good smart people, seemed like there was less deadweight than many tech companies of this size.

Cons

Budgets were tight towards the end, these programs have a long ramp time before they generate value.. Also, the downside is that BEA is part of Oracle where there is little marketing autonomy

Keep on trucking with the audience marketing programs and roll them out to other Oracle product areas.

There are newer employer reviews for BEA Systems