BECU

www.becu.org
  www.becu.org
There are newer employer reviews for BECU

I wouldn't if I were you...

Current Employee - Manager in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at BECU

Pros

Good internal culture as long as you are not member facing. They try, anyway...

Cons

Lousy pay, dysfunctional business operating system. Benefits are sub-standard. No opportunities for growth.

Listen to your people. You push too much down to the member facing level. You can't expect one person to do three person's jobs especially when the pay stinks.

43 Other Employee Reviews for BECU (View Most Recent)

Good place to work

Former Employee - Operations and Documentation Specialist in Tukwila, WA
    Former Employee - Operations and Documentation Specialist in Tukwila, WA

I worked at BECU

Pros

Low stress for the most part, but as challenging as you make it. They really seem to care for their employees which is something lacking in many of the jobs I have been at.

Cons

Advancement is the same as most places. It tends to be who you know vs. what you know. Sometimes it feel like a "good ole boys" club.

Pull people up and don't be afraid to challenge them.

BECU offers solid work/life balance, but advance opportunities are limited

Current Employee - Consultant in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at BECU

Pros

Boeing Employees Credit Union offers a stable, supportive work environment. Work/life balance is of great importance and is a key benefit. Employees are courteous and helpful to one another. The training on new products and new procedures is helpful and the training departments is one of the highest performing in the company. The Boeing Employees Credit Union always treated their members with respect, courtesy, and great service. I found this attention and devotion to the members to be a constant at all levels and functions throughout the company.

Cons

Career advancement and development could be improved. Investing in people and helping to identify key contributors with appropriate recognition and feedback are weaknesses as well. I found the company lacking in presenting its strategy and vision to front line employees.

Seek to keep front line employees more informed of the overall company strategy and positioning.

There are newer employer reviews for BECU