BELFOR Group

There are newer employer reviews for BELFOR Group

Current Project Manager

Current Employee - Project Manager
Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at BELFOR Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

BELFOR is the World Leader in Disaster Restoration. Certifications are offered in all fields of mitigatioin and remediation for all employees. I have read some above reviews and employees commenting on long hours. Its the industry and not the individual companies that is so demanding.
Mother nature does not have a timetable, she strikes at anytime and we must respond with all hands on deck...this is a 24/7/365 a yr business and it is only for the strong!! I am certain that when you interviewed with BELFOR it was explained. BELFOR is the best Disaster Restoration company in World for a reason...I lOVE IT!!!

Cons

MY WIFE WOULD BE THE FIRST TO SAY IT......The benefits BELFOR offers are terrible!!! 7 billion dollars a yr in revenue and crappy medical coverage.

Sheldon is amazing...I have met him at a few Mangers meetings and he is one of us!!! Please listen to the employees in the field more..They are our biggest asset. The GM's BLOW ALOT OF SMOKE up peoples rear ends and have only their own best interest in mind. This is a fact across the board. Maybe an employee survey and actions regarding the survey is a good place to start.

27 Other Employee Reviews for BELFOR Group (View Most Recent)

Not the correct job spec/fit

Current Employee - Office Administrative in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Office Administrative in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at BELFOR Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Casual work/flexible hours for a select few,free coffee/tea!health cover!

Cons

Owner managed and family run...ie poor underskilled management, pretty macho top layer with a significant female administrative team,no/low bonuses,no parties..pretty dismal benefits package all in all

-Offer complete job descriptions-Select on the basis of previous experience how that will fit the 'tasks' involved-Offer bonus schemes to all-remove family members from management team(too much favouritism/nepotism)-Establish a HR department

You will have no personal life outside of Belfor - too much of a sacrifice

I worked at BELFOR Group

Pros

They bought lunch for the employees and did try to make sure the hotel accomodations were decent.

Cons

However, I witnessed a jobsite in 2012 where employees where shipped from out of town to it. Employees are expected to work 7 days a week and at least 10 and 12 hours days depending upon what was happening that day on the jobsite.

The superintendent wasn't very knowledgable and he would wait until 3:30 p.m. and tell people they needed to stay a few more hours to complete more work. This happened several times! Some of the employees hadn't seen their familes for 60 - 90 days - holidays included. You WILL "sacrifice" your family time working for Belfor. You are expected to be working 7 days a week no matter what.

If you have kids and you want to be part of their childhood then I wouldn't recommend Belfor because you will miss too many milestones in your kid's lives.

I watched the episode with Sheldon on cable and nothing has changed. Belfor doesn't have a work/family life balance at all. I was shocked to hear so many employees in the field were only paid $11.00 an hour. How can you honestly expect people to live on that wage?

You really need to offer a work/life balance to employees and pay them a better wage. Expecting people to work 7 days a week and give up their family life is unrealistic. I think the only long term employees Belfor has is people without kids. I'm sure management doesn't sacrifice time from their families, they don't miss those important milestones in their kids lives.

There are newer employer reviews for BELFOR Group