BELFOR Group
www.belfor.com Birmingham, MI 1000 to 5000 Employees

Current Project Manager

Project Manager (Current Employee)

ProsBELFOR is the World Leader in Disaster Restoration. Certifications are offered in all fields of mitigatioin and remediation for all employees. I have read some above reviews and employees commenting on long hours. Its the industry and not the individual companies that is so demanding.
Mother nature does not have a timetable, she strikes at anytime and we must respond with all hands on deck...this is a 24/7/365 a yr business and it is only for the strong!! I am certain that when you interviewed with BELFOR it was explained. BELFOR is the best Disaster Restoration company in World for a reason...I lOVE IT!!!

ConsMY WIFE WOULD BE THE FIRST TO SAY IT......The benefits BELFOR offers are terrible!!! 7 billion dollars a yr in revenue and crappy medical coverage.

Advice to Senior ManagementSheldon is amazing...I have met him at a few Mangers meetings and he is one of us!!! Please listen to the employees in the field more..They are our biggest asset. The GM's BLOW ALOT OF SMOKE up peoples rear ends and have only their own best interest in mind. This is a fact across the board. Maybe an employee survey and actions regarding the survey is a good place to start.

Not the correct job spec/fit

Office Administrative (Current Employee)
    Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at BELFOR Group full-time for more than a year

Pros: Casual work/flexible hours for a select few,free coffee/tea!health cover! Cons: Owner managed and family run...ie poor underskilled management, pretty macho top layer with… Advice to Senior Management: -Offer complete job descriptions-Select on the basis of previous experience how that will fit the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

You will have no personal life outside of Belfor - too much of a sacrifice

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at BELFOR Group

Pros: They bought lunch for the employees and did try to… Cons: However, I witnessed a jobsite in 2012 where employees where shipped from out of town to it. Employees are expected to work… Advice to Senior Management: The superintendent wasn't very knowledgable and he would wait until 3:30 p.m. and tell people they needed to stay a few more hours to complete… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on BELFOR Group.

Worked for BELFOR Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BELFOR Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for BELFOR Group CEO Sheldon Yellen. All reviews posted anonymously by BELFOR Group employees.