There are newer employer reviews for BELFOR Group

Get it in writing

Current Employee - General Manager
Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at BELFOR Group

Pros

Great opportunity to experience all facets of the restoration industry. Some truly talented people to train with.

Cons

Commissions are based on whatever management feels that they can get away with. There is always an excuse to vastly short pay. Belfor is a revolving door for the truly talented. Management believes in quantity never quality. The executive committee have a bigger ego than the "Donald". I sure wish that I was born into the right family.

It is the employees that bring the success to the family. Quit toting around the briefcase of cash. It's cheesy.

26 Other Employee Reviews for BELFOR Group (View Most Recent)

Lucky to be part of a Great Company

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at BELFOR Group

Pros

Yes, a very large company but yet family oriented with honest values. the values that are fastly vanishing in our companies. Customer service is BELFOR's first priority in all our internal meetings and that is the truth! I can say that because I have been part of this family for almost 20 years. when was the last time that somweone worked for a company for 20+ years. I could easily estimate that 75% of our employees have been with the company for over 15 years and we are always looking to hire honest hard working men and women.
    Our CEO, Sheldon Yellen....he should be teaching CEO's in other companies how to run a company with dignity and yet be profitable. His words in all of our meetings..."Always do the right thing when no one is looking"

Cons

i wish i could spend more time with my family....however, requests for time off are never turned down by the management since they are always involved with the everyday work themselves as well. It is just a feeling that you know people out there need your services and you feel bad by not being out there to help. After all we are a disaster recovery company, we are there to help when bad things happen to good people.

Sheldon, Keep up the good work and please do not think about selling our company....PLEASE....and if you decide to take our company public include the little guys in the oppportunity...as you always do!
    THANK YOU SHELDON. You have all of us following you. Please do not forget that.

Career builder

Former Employee - Estimator
    Former Employee - Estimator

I worked at BELFOR Group

Pros

Great training for carreer advancement. Lots of support travel vehicle office seminars good benefits fun work good income good crew teamwork

Cons

No room at the top. Long hours and lots of travel. Bad food and lodging in catastrophe zones. No advancement opportunity.

Keep at it. Stay consistent. Attend all meeting. Never say no. Stay healthy during 60+ hour weeks. Stay mature at all times

There are newer employer reviews for BELFOR Group