BEW Global

www.bewglobal.com
  www.bewglobal.com
There are newer employer reviews for BEW Global

Poorly poorly managed, the false dream.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Castle Rock, CO
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Castle Rock, CO

I worked at BEW Global full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Good place for a first job as they are eager to hire young college grads.
-The majority of employees were really nice and great to work with.
-At least one, but only one, of the managers can be applauded for great dedication to both the company and their employees.

Cons

-No training existed, despite their claims it does.
-Roughly 50% of the staff that existed upon my hire-on date has quit.
-Management consists of young 23 year olds with only a year's work experience.
-Personally lied to about benefits and salary bumps.
-Promised 90 day reviews (by contract) to discuss salary was ignored.
-Placed on probation for no reason, later to find out management thought I was using my military service as an excuse to get out of work (I was currently serving in the service at the time). Was never given an apology, no manager even approached me to ask if I could provide documentation and proof, which I would have readily done.
-Extensive gap between management and employees.
-Zero managerial decisions made in advance of problems. Decisions always made after employees suffered extensively.
-Clear effort to hire young college students who don't know better.
-The not only tolerance but advocacy for drug use and alcohol (and we're not talking about "beer Fridays")
-Witnessed one employee fired very publicly, in-front of the entire company, with screaming and profanity.
-Work life balance is preached, but completely ignored. Expect to work minimum 60 hour weeks or be ostracized.
-Managers with extremely poor leadership skills. Not uncommon to have managers talk behind the backs of their employees and then once confronted, claim they said nothing.
-Clear effort to sell the company is disguised by management offering stock options, however after 2 years of talking about these "options," nothing has been signed into any employees contracts.
-Sales department benefits from all the work of managed services department. Once a sale is transitioned to a managed service (of which my department oversaw), if the client renews because we provided excellent service, we saw no bonus or percentage. Instead sales were rewarded for our work.
-If you want to do the best and don't settle for less, you will be continually frustrated by an environment of complacent attitude, where hours worked are much preferred over quality of work.
-I had 3 managers in the course of 90 days.
-The poor quality of the company will always be excused by the term "growing pains."
-Disillusioned young managers convinced the company will be their payout and doorway to be rich.

Understand that the opinions of managers do not reflect the whole of the company.

23 Other Employee Reviews for BEW Global (View Most Recent)

Love it

Current Employee - Analyst in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Analyst in Denver, CO

I have been working at BEW Global full-time

Pros

This business is one crazy of a roller coaster. The individuals that work here are some determined and energetic folks. The culture is very exciting and satisfying.

Cons

There is a bad taste in my mouth for all those damaging comments on this site. To keep it simple, due to the high intensity work and environment, the average Joe will never last. You have to be self-driven and motivated to keep up. Some of the managers around the office are very young and unexperienced, so it was challenging to get used to that as well.

Keep working to fix the basics with growth. Stronger HR, more training and communication for leadership staff.

Expect to work and sacrifice a lot!

Former Employee - Manager in Greenwood Village, CO
    Former Employee - Manager in Greenwood Village, CO

I worked at BEW Global full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Good views from the office
    -Casual work enviornment
    -401k match

Cons

- The commitments and promises made by leadership are rarely fulfilled
    - Toxic internal culture
    - Experienced employees and SMEs have only 2-4yrs MAX of professional experience
    - The founders (CEO and CTO) are looking for the exit at every turn
    - Senior management lacks ethics and care for employees

There are newer employer reviews for BEW Global