BEW Global

www.bewglobal.com

Poorly poorly managed, the false dream.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Castle Rock, CO
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Castle Rock, CO

Pros

-Good place for a first job as they are eager to hire young college grads.
-The majority of employees were really nice and great to work with.
-At least one, but only one, of the managers can be applauded for great dedication to both the company and their employees.

Cons

-No training existed, despite their claims it does.
-Roughly 50% of the staff that existed upon my hire-on date has quit.
-Management consists of young 23 year olds with only a year's work experience.
-Personally lied to about benefits and salary bumps.
-Promised 90 day reviews (by contract) to discuss salary was ignored.
-Placed on probation for no reason, later to find out management thought I was using my military service as an excuse to get out of work (I was currently serving in the service at the time). Was never given an apology, no manager even approached me to ask if I could provide documentation and proof, which I would have readily done.
-Extensive gap between management and employees.
-Zero managerial decisions made in advance of problems. Decisions always made after employees suffered extensively.
-Clear effort to hire young college students who don't know better.
-The not only tolerance but advocacy for drug use and alcohol (and we're not talking about "beer Fridays")
-Witnessed one employee fired very publicly, in-front of the entire company, with screaming and profanity.
-Work life balance is preached, but completely ignored. Expect to work minimum 60 hour weeks or be ostracized.
-Managers with extremely poor leadership skills. Not uncommon to have managers talk behind the backs of their employees and then once confronted, claim they said nothing.
-Clear effort to sell the company is disguised by management offering stock options, however after 2 years of talking about these "options," nothing has been signed into any employees contracts.
-Sales department benefits from all the work of managed services department. Once a sale is transitioned to a managed service (of which my department oversaw), if the client renews because we provided excellent service, we saw no bonus or percentage. Instead sales were rewarded for our work.
-If you want to do the best and don't settle for less, you will be continually frustrated by an environment of complacent attitude, where hours worked are much preferred over quality of work.
-I had 3 managers in the course of 90 days.
-The poor quality of the company will always be excused by the term "growing pains."
-Disillusioned young managers convinced the company will be their payout and doorway to be rich.

Understand that the opinions of managers do not reflect the whole of the company.

Other reviews for BEW Global

Love it

Current Employee - Analyst  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Analyst in Denver, CO

Pros

This business is one crazy of a roller coaster. The individuals that work here are some determined and energetic folks. The culture is very exciting and satisfying.

Cons

There is a bad taste in my mouth for all those damaging comments on this site. To keep it simple, due to the high intensity work and environment, the average Joe will never last. You have to be self-driven and motivated to keep up. Some of the managers around the office are very young and unexperienced, so it was challenging to get used to that as well.

Keep working to fix the basics with growth. Stronger HR, more training and communication for leadership staff.

Equally evaluate all positive and negative review before deciding to work here

Pros

The organization is in an industry that’s quickly growing. They have incredible marketing and sales capabilities. A good place to quickly learn the industry.

Cons

My recommendation is to evaluate the negative reviews just like the positive reviews. Many of the individuals who provided negative reviews worked with BEW Global many years. On the other side of the spectrum, many of the individuals who provided positive reviews worked with the company less than a year. Do not make the assumption that the negative reviews are purely the result of disgruntled employees. Although if they were, I’d wonder why there are so many. Do note that the organization has rallied management and the limited enthusiastic employees to provide positive feedback to counteract the negative reviews. As you will see in some of the other reviews, this website is consistently monitored by the organization.

An estimated 1/3 of those employed in the SOC are managers causing confusion, severe micromanagement, misdirection and all other issues inherent in an extremely vertical hierarchy.

Management uses promises of bonuses, raises and RSUs to motivate employees to work long hours and weekends. As explained by another employee, these were not paid out in 2013.

Management expects you to work between 50 – 70 hours a week and often weekends, but requires you to use PTO to leave work late for personal reasons such as hospital appointment.

Management increased the required working hours in the SOC from 40 to 50 without increasing compensation.

Management can be disrespectful to employees using derogatory references and inappropriate language.

I have personally been questioned by management when attempting to leave when working a 9 hour day.

The company attempts to create a false sense of security for its employees with its supposed open door policy, career mapping process, and inviting CEO. The open door policy is more of a Venus Flytrap, the career mapping is useless because the organization has limited growth opportunities unless you would like to be a manager (assuming management actually shows up for your career mapping meeting).

The promised $5,000 a year for training does not actually exist.

The spiff that was discussed in another review ( AKA Gold Nugget Program) seems like a marketing campaign as opposed to a compensation benefit. I have never received a payment, but yet the company has posters all over the office designed to catch the eye of clients as they tour the office.

I agree that the SOC is turning into a call center. The standard operating procedures developed by the company may allow them to hire lower wage workers to perform the daily responsibilities by following the outlined steps.

There are newer employer reviews for BEW Global.

Worked for BEW Global? Contribute to the Community!