There are newer employer reviews for BFG

The Island 'Ad' Life

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Hilton Head Island, SC
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hilton Head Island, SC

I have been working at BFG full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work on national brands while living the island life. People actually leave the office at 6pm. I try not to crank my car or wear shoes on the weekends, and it hasn't been hard. It's pretty amazing.

Cons

Not being in NYC means you do travel a bit more, but if you dig 'work-paid vacation' to see clients and whatnot as I do, you'll love it.

30 Other Employee Reviews for BFG (View Most Recent)

Amazingly creative organization

I have been working at BFG full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Awesome people, culture, clients, creativitiy

Cons

Company policies, salaries, lack of employee respect

the owners should consider just how hard everyone works for their organization and share some of the same respect/dedication that is given to them.

Awesome company but share some of the love....

Great part-time job, for social people.

Former Employee - Field Agent  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Field Agent in San Diego, CA

I worked at BFG part-time for more than a year

Pros

1) TRULY social work (not in the sense of tech ‘social’ which refers to the networks which connect us intellectually but, drive us further away from real life interactions).

- Part-time work that can be fun. Field Agents are paid to frequent bars and talk to people (about a targeted subject); which, makes it great for anyone who enjoys interacting with scores of humans every shift.

- Forced socialization can be a good thing. I often have hermetic tendencies. Being scheduled for a shift where your primary purpose is to have positive interactions with other human beings can be just the thing to break you out of a self-imposed funk.

2) The company works hard to promote a 'hip' work environment.

-This includes having a 'lounge,' video games and large 'love sacks' in the office.

3) Flexible work schedule.

- At the time I started working for BFG, I was able to have a full-time day job as well. Toward the end of my tenure there, the flexibility decreased slightly but, was still much more flexible than almost any other part-time position.

4) Decent starting pay.

5) Mostly fun and young coworkers.

6) Dealing with drunk people.

- You hear some pretty incredible stories; some, you wish you could un-hear and some you want to write down, they are so clever.

- Socializing with drunk people, when you are not, can be more entertaining than you might imagine. This job gives you the pretense for doing so.

- Intoxicated individuals tend to have an inherent jealousy of what you are doing; which can inspire a temporary sense of pride or happiness with the occupation.

Cons

1) Merging of the Hispanic and per-existing program.

After the Hispanic program and the per-existing program were merged together, substantial tensions between the groups existed. The workplace became markedly less enjoyable. There were a large number of contributing factors. As the program manager for the Hispanic side of the office took over, there seemed to be a blatant favoritism that existed in the office. Frequently, the other Field Agents (previously Hispanic-program) and Market/Program Mangers would speak in Spanish to avoid being understood by the primarily mono-lingual English speaking (previously separate) group of Field Agents. There was a much more regimented, suspicious and markedly less ‘fun’ work environment, after the change. Most of the perks of working for the company had been severely restricted or abolished after the two programs merged; for that reason, I left a few months after they did.

2) Flexibility decreased over time.

-Mid-week, previously optional, meetings became mandatory (which makes it difficult for people with a second day job).

3) Really part time.

- Not enough hours to justify having ONLY that job.

2) Dealing with drunk people.

- All of the same sort of drawbacks, concerning clientele, as you might expect of a bartending job (occasional sexual harassment, belligerence, etc.).

- Promoting items seen in a negative light; which, often results in agitated consumer engagements in an atmosphere where alcohol use is the primary objective. In other words, sometimes you have to deal with angry drunk people.

Put a greater emphasis on the positive aspects of the job and the Field Agents will work harder to meet the goals. People work for the company because it is unorthodox and can be 'fun.' Human resource visits/audits to ensure the Field Agents are seeing eye to eye with management might be beneficial. I'm sure that the Field Agents would value their jobs and attempt to meet the required numbers with more of a personal conviction if there is not any animosity between the Managers and FAs. The more friendly/casual the environment, the better the moral, the better the results.

There are newer employer reviews for BFG

Worked for BFG? Contribute to the Community!