BHP Billiton
www.bhpbilliton.com Melbourne, Australia 5000+ Employees

Ideal

IT/Business Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at BHP Billiton

ProsI've never before worked at a company that does more to show that it cares about its people, the communities it operates in, and the environment. I'm proud to work here because they make an effort to treat their employees fairly and compensate them handsomely. They don't cut corners or put profit ahead of safety.

ConsDespite being one of the world's largest companies, it seems like hardly anyone (in the US at least) has heard of them. I have to constantly explain that, no, we're not BP. Sometimes, I feel we need a little more PR.

There is too much process. Innovation cannot exist.

I have been working at BHP Billiton

Pros: Great benefits and long term stability. Long term career path… Cons: Too much process. The company is run like a… Advice to Senior Management: Recognize that your people have lives . Even though the company allows… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Stay away unless you desperately need the money

Petroleum Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at BHP Billiton

Pros: - Good salary, bonuses and benefits, significantly better than peer group - Good office location in the Galleria area… Cons: - Extremely bloated process-driven bureaucracy where you need to ask several layers of management permission to do anything - No pretence towards merit-based performance management, everything… Advice to Senior Management: Management needs to take responsibility for the high attrition rate, and change the 1930's management style. Professional people… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on BHP Billiton.

Worked for BHP Billiton? Contribute to the Community!

BHP Billiton – Why Work for Us?

Provided by employer [?]

Reviews by Company

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BHP Billiton reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for BHP Billiton CEO Andrew Mackenzie. All reviews posted anonymously by BHP Billiton employees.