BHP Billiton

www.bhpbilliton.com

Good experience. Plenty of room for professional development.

Current Employee - Operations Engineer (Drilling)  in  Houston, TX
Current Employee - Operations Engineer (Drilling) in Houston, TX

Pros

Great environment, small company feel although it's operations are world wide, great compensation and benefits, work life balance, and development.

Cons

Lacks structure in new hire process which is logical considering they are establishing/pioneering new production units.

Create a more structured development process. New hire process is a bit chaotic and disorganized.

Other reviews for BHP Billiton

There is too much process. Innovation cannot exist.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

Great benefits and long term stability. Long term career path can be promising for those desiring to have a single company career.

Cons

Too much process. The company is run like a machine. Governance is needed, but BHP goes to the extreme.

Recognize that your people have lives . Even though the company allows for a work /life balance, the unwritten expectation of management does not allign.

Ideal

Current Employee - IT/Business Analyst  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - IT/Business Analyst in Houston, TX

Pros

I've never before worked at a company that does more to show that it cares about its people, the communities it operates in, and the environment. I'm proud to work here because they make an effort to treat their employees fairly and compensate them handsomely. They don't cut corners or put profit ahead of safety.

Cons

Despite being one of the world's largest companies, it seems like hardly anyone (in the US at least) has heard of them. I have to constantly explain that, no, we're not BP. Sometimes, I feel we need a little more PR.

There are newer employer reviews for BHP Billiton.

Worked for BHP Billiton? Contribute to the Community!