BHP Billiton

www.bhpbilliton.com

Outstanding!

Supervisor (Current Employee) Moranbah (Australia)

ProsI have worked for BMA (BHPBILLITON) since 2002. I have been a wages employee and a Staff employee since then. The remuneration is excellent. The bonus system is excellent. The employee share system is excellent. The education system they run is excellent. The support that is given to employees for the establishment of innovation is world class.
When you take holidays into account I only spend less than 5 months of the year in the mine area with half of that at work.

ConsSome personnel have never actually worked outside the mining industry and thus have no idea what it is like to work in the real world. This unfortunately skews their reality and affects the experiences they encounter.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop making it so easy for employees to unload their responsibilities. Hold all employees at all levels and affiliations to account for their actions or their lack of accomplishment to improve the depth and character of the team.

Great place

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at BHP Billiton full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Culture, ethics, charter values, exposure Cons: Hours due to global nature of roles. Advice to Senior Management: Keep it up. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good experience in general

Senior Project Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at BHP Billiton full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: diversity and respectful atmosphere, good systems and processes implemented. good… Cons: a bit of bureaucracy, implementing change is a bit difficult. Difficult to climb the ladder in… Advice to Senior Management: Management should focus more in R&D and Talent identification/management. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on BHP Billiton.

Worked for BHP Billiton? Contribute to the Community!