BI Worldwide

www.biworldwide.com
  www.biworldwide.com
There are newer employer reviews for BI Worldwide

A great place for the right people

Current Employee - Design Director in Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Design Director in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at BI Worldwide

Pros

Here's all you really need to know about BI. We'll occasionally have a "Run Through the Warehouse", events where winners of our clients programs get to pull as much stuff off the warehouse shelves as they can before time runs out. But before they, they arrive in buses. Every time hundreds of BI employees gather to cheer them on, even in the rain or the cold of a Minnesota winter. Participants have often cited that as the best part of the weekend- the rock star treatment.

No one forces the BI employees to show up- there's no reward, or even penalties for not doing it. But these busy people come out in droves because they know what it means to the participants, and know that it's good for the company.

If you think that kind of enthusiasm and shared purpose is great, you'd probably fit in well, since everything done is about working together as a team to achieve goals. If you think they must be a bunch of mindless, kool-aid drinking chumps, then you probably wouldn't be the best fit.

There are other good things- the global focus, the variety of work, the scarcity of jerks in high positions trying to protect their fiefdoms, the technology investments- but it comes down to the people and atmosphere for me.

Cons

As pretty much everyone else has says, the medical plan is poor. I don't know of anyone with a working spouse with their own plan available who is on the BI plan. The hours can also be long, but it gets back to the team approach. I don't put in extra effort out of loyalty to the company, I do it out of loyalty to my team members- if I don't do my job, I let them down, and make extra work for them. And there isn't a ton of career growth- but it's a fairly flat organization- I don't know how you create more opportunity without either creating unnecessary levels of management or firing people just to make room .

Keep innovating, and try to address the medical plan, which is really BI's Achilles heel.

67 Other Employee Reviews for BI Worldwide (View Most Recent)

Good and fun place to work!

Current Employee - Project Manager in Edina, MN
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Edina, MN

I have been working at BI Worldwide

Pros

People, events, recognition, parties, casual environment, executive management are easily approachable.

Cons

Compensation, acknowledgement, client stress, self-development, no training opportunities, no budget to advance skill set.

Invest in employees and budget for tuition reimbursement or formal technical training and certifications.

Lacking for professional growth opportunities.

Current Employee - Communications Project Manager in Edina, MN
    Current Employee - Communications Project Manager in Edina, MN

I have been working at BI Worldwide

Pros

Management was very receptive when I needed to change my work schedule for personal/medical reasons, and has been very understanding regarding that. I work with some really fun people as well.

Cons

There seems to be no interest in one's professional growth. I work with others who have been in the same position for the last 25 years - how can you learn anything new?

There are newer employer reviews for BI Worldwide