BI Worldwide
www.biworldwide.com Minneapolis, MN 500 to 999 Employees

A great place for the right people

Design Director (Current Employee)
Minneapolis, MN

ProsHere's all you really need to know about BI. We'll occasionally have a "Run Through the Warehouse", events where winners of our clients programs get to pull as much stuff off the warehouse shelves as they can before time runs out. But before they, they arrive in buses. Every time hundreds of BI employees gather to cheer them on, even in the rain or the cold of a Minnesota winter. Participants have often cited that as the best part of the weekend- the rock star treatment.

No one forces the BI employees to show up- there's no reward, or even penalties for not doing it. But these busy people come out in droves because they know what it means to the participants, and know that it's good for the company.

If you think that kind of enthusiasm and shared purpose is great, you'd probably fit in well, since everything done is about working together as a team to achieve goals. If you think they must be a bunch of mindless, kool-aid drinking chumps, then you probably wouldn't be the best fit.

There are other good things- the global focus, the variety of work, the scarcity of jerks in high positions trying to protect their fiefdoms, the technology investments- but it comes down to the people and atmosphere for me.

ConsAs pretty much everyone else has says, the medical plan is poor. I don't know of anyone with a working spouse with their own plan available who is on the BI plan. The hours can also be long, but it gets back to the team approach. I don't put in extra effort out of loyalty to the company, I do it out of loyalty to my team members- if I don't do my job, I let them down, and make extra work for them. And there isn't a ton of career growth- but it's a fairly flat organization- I don't know how you create more opportunity without either creating unnecessary levels of management or firing people just to make room .

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep innovating, and try to address the medical plan, which is really BI's Achilles heel.

Good and fun place to work!

Project Manager (Current Employee)
    Edina, MN

I have been working at BI Worldwide

Pros: People, events, recognition, parties, casual environment, executive management are easily… Cons: Compensation, acknowledgement, client stress, self-development, no training opportunities, no budget… Advice to Senior Management: Invest in employees and budget for tuition reimbursement or formal… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Lacking for professional growth opportunities.

Communications Project Manager (Current Employee)
    Edina, MN

I have been working at BI Worldwide

Pros: Management was very receptive when I needed to change my work schedule for personal/medical reasons,… Cons: There seems to be no interest in one's professional growth. I work with others who have… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on BI Worldwide.

Worked for BI Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BI Worldwide reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for BI Worldwide CEO Larry Schoenecker. All reviews posted anonymously by BI Worldwide employees.